Euromonitor Analytics is a modelling driven business intelligence centre, combining Euromonitor’s extensive industry knowledge with innovative methods in statistics, economics, data science, and data visualization. Being a cross industry resource developed by an in-house team of PhDs specialising in fields ranging from macro-economics to computer science, Euromonitor Analytics provides meaningful insights on risk analysis, strategy planning, consumer trends and competitor analysis.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and creative economic/data analyst to join Euromonitor Analytics team.
Among the main responsibilities would be building econometric models of market demand for specific consumer product categories. As part of the Analytics team you would also have to analyse estimated elasticities analytically by producing insightful analysis and visual solutions, build interactive scenario analysis tools, as well as contribute to ad hoc internal and consulting projects.
- Research and analyse economic, demographic and industrial data from around the world
- Use econometric modelling techniques as well as analytical judgment to come up with custom solutions for our clients
- Participation in internal peer review meetings and contribution to the best solution search process as well as giving comments on already created preliminary solutions
- Presentation and visualization of model results to a client in an intuitive manner
- Draw conclusions based on the analysis of our results
- Monitoring academic press for latest developments in economics and statistics to make sure we use cutting edge analytical techniques
- Commission and organise research from freelance associates
- Good skills in R programming language and experience in R data manipulation and statistical analysis capabilities; or knowledge of Python and it’s data manipulation libraries.
- Knowledge of other statistical software packages would be an advantage (e.g. Matlab, Eviews, Stata, RATS, SAS)
- A high level of numeracy, with a strong interest in understanding statistical data and presenting them in an imaginative way.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Vlookup, VBA, etc.) would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency (both oral & writing)
- Interest in international economic, demographic and industry trends
- Knowledge of data-structures and familiarity with SQL would be an advantage.
- Master’s or PhD degree in economics, econometrics or statistics would be an advantage
Competitive salary and excellent working conditions are offered for the right candidate. Application deadline: 10th October, 2017. Please apply with full CV and covering letter to VilniusRecruitment@euromonitor.com .
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only successful candidates will be notified.