Are you passionate about digitalization and API management and want to make a difference?
This is an opportunity to be a part of a challenging journey as we take the next steps towards Next Generation Telco.
As we ramp up our API Program, we are looking for experienced digital experts to join our core API Team in taking the next steps towards digitalizing our business on a global scale.
This position is located in the Core Services unit that resides in our GSO division. Group Services and Operations (GSO) is responsible for global products, networks, technologies and IT enabling our business units across the Nordics and Baltics. The API Team manages our global APIs and acts as Center of Excellence for API development. We transform technology and create new business opportunities. We are the company thought leaders and the catalyst for tomorrow’s Telia Company.
We are looking for a new colleague who can tie together business and technology. Someone who can see possibilities and translate great ideas into execution.
As a Senior API Management Expert you will be part of a multi-disciplined API Team and lead the Center of Excellence. Your role is to engage with API initiatives across the organization and support and empower the teams to become even more successful. You will act as a trusted advisor that provides coaching, advice, support and training according to the needs of respective projects. Together with your colleagues, you will ensure that group assets are used in the best way possible, including pro-actively identifying synergy opportunities between different API projects. You will help the teams to accelerate and provide optimal business value.
The team is a DevOps team with agile work procedures; you will develop, maintain or solve problems. We continuously improve our ways of working and you will actively participate in the change, we are creating a culture of self-steering teams.
- Coach, support and guide API initiatives throughout the organization upon demand
- Provide training on API standards, guidelines and best practices
- Provide training on API management platform and processes for CI/CD
- Create processes and documentation that underpin a sustainable CoE
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the API Team
- Perform hands-on API development when needed
What we offer
With us, you will be part of an inspiring journey as we progress towards the New Generation Telco. You will have an essential role in shaping our future technology landscape, creating a superior customer experience and supporting continued growth for Telia Company. We offer you a dynamic and challenging environment with inspiring colleagues and great opportunities for personal development.
Background & Qualifications
- Profound experience with API management and API management platforms
- Profound experience and understanding of web application architectures and design
- Experience with API development and knowledge of API standards and related protocols and technologies
- Experience with Mobile App development and design
- Experience with stakeholder management in larger enterprises
- Experience and understanding of agile software development methods (in particular Scrum)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field within technology
- Perfect verbal and written proficiency in English
- Experience from a large-scale API Program
- Finnish and/or Swedish language skills are considered a plus
- A background in consulting and/or professional education is strongly preferred
- You are a positive and energetic person, a natural communicator with great interpersonal skills. You enjoy collaborating with different stakeholders and are able to share your ideas in a convincing way.
- You work independently and have a high sense of responsibility
- You are goal-oriented with a strong focus on results
- You are humble and adoptive to the situation and able to adjust according to demand
- As a team member you will strive towards continuous learning and improvements, while supporting each other and having a lot of fun along the way
- You enjoy working in a multinational environment
Looking forward for your application!