Do you want to join us in developing our next generation integration platform with Apache-Kafka and/or Microservices and want to make a difference?
This is an opportunity to be a part of a challenging journey as we take the next steps towards Next Generation Telco.
As we ramp up our change journey within next generation integration, we are looking for experienced developers to join our core team in taking the next steps towards digitalizing our business on a global scale.
This position is located in the Core Services unit that resides in our GSO division. Group Services and Operations (GSO) is responsible for global products, networks, technologies and IT enabling our business units across the Nordics and Baltics. The Next Generation Integration team acts as Center of Excellence for integration development. We transform technology and create new business opportunities. We are the company thought leaders and the catalyst for tomorrow’s Telia Company.
We are looking for a new colleague who can tie together business and technology. Someone who can see possibilities and translate great ideas into execution.
Developer’s responsibility within Apache-Kafka and/or Microservices job is to function as our team’s first internal developer and will hence take an important responsibility regarding all the development activities in that area. Aim is to recruit person who have worked with Apache-Kafka and/or Microservices, but that also has common architecture and integration knowledge.
Employee’s main responsibility will naturally be Kafka and/or Microservice development and operations, but it is also necessary that the employee can effortlessly support in some other area that Core Services provides to customers. Writing scripts to automate builds and tests and to handle necessary configurations in our infrastructure in general needed.
The preferred candidate should have a background in either software development or in integrations. It is preferred that the developer would be familiar with some of the popular open source tools as well as tools used in containerized solutions. On the other hand, if the candidate has experience from the integration area, it would be preferred that at least Tibco Business works would be a known tool.
The team is a DevOps team with agile work procedures; you will develop, maintain or solve problems. We continuously improve our ways of working and you will actively participate in the change, we are creating a culture of self-steering teams.
- Develop, deploy, configure maintain continuous changes within the application landscape
- Work together with the team to secure and maintain the Service Level Agreement towards our stakeholders
- Problem solving with a proactive/preventative approach
- Take on the technical role as the application specialist in projects and also be able to run smaller sub-projects
- Continuously keep different technical documentation up to date
- Single point of contact towards several stakeholders
- Be part of the on-call duty team
What we offer
We offer you a challenging and inspiring journey as we build our future with a strong Technology organization at Telia Company. You will have an essential role in establishing baseline and high quality for technology to enable and reach superior customer experience. We offer you an environment where you together with your colleagues and peers will lead the organization towards more customer centric culture.
Background & Qualifications
Have a technical background, bachelors or master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience. Knowledge and experience
- Relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree
- At least 1-3 year of experience in working with Apache Kafka and/or Microservices
- Knowledge of automated testing and deployment
- Experience and understanding of agile software development methods and more specifically Scrum and Scrum methods
- Knowledge on how to work in a DevOps environment.
- Verbal and written English skills required, Finnish and Swedish skills seen as a plus
- A key success factor in this position is an excellent network and cooperation skills and make our stakeholders satisfied
- You take responsibility and have high analytical and goal-oriented approach to problem solving
- You are driven, result oriented and proactive
- As a team member you will be part to strive towards continuous learning and improvements, support each other and have fun along the way
- You enjoy working in a multinational environment
- You have good communication skills
Looking forward for your application!