METOCEAN ANALYST OFFSHORE (F/M/D) | IGNITIS RENEWABLES
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis renewables“?
As a Metocean Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting meteorological and oceanographic data to support the planning and design of offshore wind farm project. Your expertise will play a vital role in assessing the environmental conditions and providing critical input for engineering decisions. This position requires a strong background in metocean data analysis, numerical modelling, and the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to optimize project performance and mitigate risks. We value openness, partnership is our strength, and responsibility makes us a great team. If all this speaks to you, we would like to invite you to join us.
Your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Gather, process, and analyze meteorological and oceanographic data from various sources, such as remote sensing devices, buoys, satellites, and numerical models
- Conduct quality control checks on metocean datasets to ensure accuracy and reliability for use in wind farm design and operational assessments
- Perform statistical analysis and time-series data processing to identify long-term trends and extreme weather events that may impact offshore wind farm operations
- Utilize numerical modelling tools to simulate metocean conditions, including wind, waves, currents, and water levels, for specific project locations
- Collaborate with offshore engineers, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate metocean data into the design and planning of offshore wind farm structures and operations
- Evaluate the potential impact of metocean conditions on various aspects of offshore wind projects, such as turbine performance, foundation design, and installation procedures
- Provide technical support during project development phases, including site selection, feasibility studies, and environmental impact assessments
- Monitor and assess metocean conditions during wind farm construction and operations, advising on safety measures and potential operational constraints.
We expect that You:
- Have a degree in oceanography, meteorology, environmental Science, or a relevant field
- Have at least 5 years of experience in metocean analysis for offshore wind projects or related industries and have contribute in at least 2 successful offshore wind projects
- Have experience with numerical modelling platforms, such as WRF, SWAN, ADCIRC, or similar and software commonly used in metocean analysis (e.g., MATLAB, Python, R)
- Have a strong understanding of meteorological and oceanographic data collection methods and instrumentation
- Have familiarity with GIS software for spatial analysis and visualization
- Have knowledge of offshore wind farm engineering principles and related environmental considerations
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
As part of our team You:
- Will become a part of a team with years of experience in one of the largest energy group of companies in the Baltic region
- Will be able to contribute your knowledge and experience towards creating unique energy projects of national importance
- Will have broad opportunities to develop and grow professionally, you will learn from the experts in your field
- Will not only be able to observe how innovations come to life, but also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience towards creating an Energy Smart world
- Will receive benefits package (possibility of remote work, flexible work time, etc.).
As we pursue our strategic goals to increase gender balance in Ignitis Group, we are indicating “f/m/d” next to job titles, meaning we welcome candidates of all genders – female, male or diverse.
Ignitis Group received an international Top Employer 2023 Lithuania certificate. The certificate is awarded to companies for excellent people practices as well as ensuring good conditions for work and growth.
Ignitis Group ensures equal opportunities. We welcome all applicants and do not discriminate against race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability or other personal traits unrelated to work obligations.
Salary range for this position group is 3316 to 4975 EUR (before taxes). The final offer depends on experience and competence. Variable part of remuneration may be paid depending on results.