OSP LEAD ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL) OFFSHORE (F/M/D) | IGNITIS RENEWABLES
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis renewables“?
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Offshore OSP Engineer (Electrical). As part of our dynamic team, you will play a crucial role in the design, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems within offshore substations, ensuring the efficient and reliable transmission of power generated by offshore wind farms to the onshore grid. This is a challenging and rewarding position that requires expertise in electrical engineering, project management, and offshore renewable energy.
Your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical electrical engineering inputs for a range of feasibility and concept projects related to offshore substations. Collaborate with wind turbine engineers, inter-array cable engineers, export cable engineers, and onshore substation electrical engineers to develop optimal technical solutions during project development
- Define the offshore substation topside, adhering to relevant standards, legislation, ethics, and industry best practices. Develop specifications and technical documentation for contractors, ensuring alignment with project policies, regulatory requirements, and environmental considerations
- Collaborate with procurement and engineering teams to evaluate suppliers
- Develop risk management plans, propose, and implement mitigation measures to ensure project success
- Provide technical support to technical and cross-functional departments throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and maintain technical requirements and specifications, incorporating inputs from engineering teams
- Provide up-to-date progress information and monitor KPIs on a weekly basis
- Contribute to tender processes and evaluate documentation
- Review the contractor's progress, deliverables and documentation to ensure adherence to relevant requirements.
We expect that You:
- Have Bachelor's or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, or a relevant field
- Have a minimum 5 years of practical and theoretical experience in offshore wind farm development, with a focus on electrical systems and offshore substations
- Have experience in managing technical interfaces and coordinating project engineering work
- Are familiar with relevant industry standards, regulations, and grid code requirements to ensure compliance with electrical engineering practices and safety regulations
- Possess the skills of a good project engineer, including technical proficiency, integrity, effective communication, adaptability, teamwork and strong decision-making abilities
- Are proficient in performing electrical calculations, simulations, and load flow analysis to assess cable performance and capacity
- Are proficient in technical documentation, specifications development, and system studies
- Are able to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure, ensuring efficient project execution while meeting financial constraints
- Have English language proficiency in both verbal and written communication.
As part of our team You:
- Will become a part of a team with years of experience in one of the largest energy group of companies in the Baltic region
- Will be able to contribute your knowledge and experience towards creating unique energy projects of national importance
- Will have broad opportunities to develop and grow professionally, you will learn from the experts in your field
- Will not only be able to observe how innovations come to life, but also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience towards creating an Energy Smart world
- Will receive benefits package (possibility of remote work, flexible work time, etc.).
As we pursue our strategic goals to increase gender balance in Ignitis Group, we are indicating “f/m/d” next to job titles, meaning we welcome candidates of all genders – female, male or diverse.
Ignitis Group received an international Top Employer 2023 Lithuania certificate. The certificate is awarded to companies for excellent people practices as well as ensuring good conditions for work and growth.
Ignitis Group ensures equal opportunities. We welcome all applicants and do not discriminate against race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability or other personal traits unrelated to work obligations.
Salary range for this position group is 4146 to 6219 EUR (before taxes). The final offer depends on experience and competence. Variable part of remuneration may be paid depending on results.