SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER OFFSHORE (F/M/D) | IGNITIS RENEWABLES
Do You want to be part of „Ignitis renewables“?
We are looking for a colleague to join our company as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. This position will complement and expand our team strengths in planning and engineering activities for offshore wind development projects in the Baltic Sea region. As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will be responsible for evaluating the seabed conditions and providing vital geotechnical recommendations for the design and installation of wind turbine foundations and transmission infrastructure. We value openness, partnership is our strength, and responsibility makes us a great team. If all this speaks to you, we would like to invite you to join us.
Your key areas of responsibilities will be:
- Ground investigation planning. In collaboration with the project team plan and coordinate geotechnical and geophysical site investigations. Determine scope and working methods to gather essential data for site characterization
- Oversee and manage the execution phase of geophysical and geotechnical site surveys including shallow seismic, drilling, sampling and laboratory testing of soil and rock samples
- Analyze and interpret soil and rock properties, geophysical data, and other relevant information to characterize site conditions. Prepare risk assessments, and identify potential hazards and challenges related to soil conditions
- Lead foundation geotechnical design activities. Evaluate various bottom fixed foundation types and suitability during the early stages of the project. Plan and oversee foundation basic and detailed design activities. Review and ensure the quality of design deliverables
- Conduct geotechnical assessment for the proposed array, and export cable route, considering soil conditions and potential geohazards that could affect installation and in-service stages of the project. Evaluate options and suitability of different landfall area options
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines, such as structural, electrical and marine engineers to integrate geotechnical considerations into the overall wind farm design
- Technical guidance and support to other team members, contractors and consultants working on geotechnical aspects of the projects.
We expect that You:
- Have a degree in geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, or a relevant field
- Have at least 5-10 years of relevant working experience in site investigation and foundation engineering for large-scale offshore projects (preferably renewables)
- Have in-depth knowledge of geotechnical engineering principles, soil and rock mechanics
- Have proficiency in geotechnical software such as PLAXIS, GRLWEAP or similar. Good understanding of soil-structure interaction analyses principles and methods
- Have proven knowledge of industry standards and codes
- Have excellent communication skills to effectively convey complex technical information to various stakeholders including project teams, contractors and regulators
- Have strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on mentality. Ability to adapt to unforeseen challenges in the dynamic offshore environment.
As part of our team You:
- Will become a part of a team with years of experience in one of the largest energy group of companies in the Baltic region
- Will be able to contribute your knowledge and experience towards creating unique energy projects of national importance
- Will have broad opportunities to develop and grow professionally, you will learn from the experts in your field
- Will not only be able to observe how innovations come to life, but also initiate changes yourself by contributing your knowledge and experience towards creating an Energy Smart world
- Will receive benefits package (possibility of remote work, flexible work time, etc.).
As we pursue our strategic goals to increase gender balance in Ignitis Group, we are indicating “f/m/d” next to job titles, meaning we welcome candidates of all genders – female, male or diverse.
Ignitis Group received an international Top Employer 2023 Lithuania certificate. The certificate is awarded to companies for excellent people practices as well as ensuring good conditions for work and growth.
Ignitis Group ensures equal opportunities. We welcome all applicants and do not discriminate against race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or gender identity, age, disability or other personal traits unrelated to work obligations.
Salary range for this position group is 3316 to 4975 EUR (before taxes). The final offer depends on experience and competence. Variable part of remuneration may be paid depending on results.