Chapter Lead (Java) for Core Payments Platform Tribe
If you would like to be a part of payment platform modernization, now is your chance to join our amazing tribe!
Core Payments Platform tribe supports our customers’ everyday banking needs by delivering a best-in-class payments infrastructure that orchestrates payments seamlessly in our target markets. We bring efficiency through standardization while making it our utmost priority to ensure the platform is highly performant, always compliant, secure & available.
Besides being chapter lead, you’ll also be part of the Payment Execution squad. We are creating a new payment engine, employing modern technical standards to promote efficiency, transparency & consistency in processing payment instructions for private and corporate customers, and improved time to market (TTM).
As Chapter Lead, you will function as a coach, spending approximately 30% of your time coordinating your Chapter by advising on completing tasks in the best possible way. The remaining 70% of your time will be a doer in a Squad delivering value by completing tasks
As a Chapter Lead, you will have a split responsibility:
- You will be the HR manager for other skilled software engineers (Java), you being accountable for them growing both on a professional as well as on a personal level
- You work closely together with the IT Tribe Lead, Solution Architects, and the other Chapter Leads to ensure we attract, develop and retain a team of highly skilled and motivated people with a good team spirit
- You are responsible for your chapter and support chapter members in any need they have related to HR or their area of competence
- At the same time, you will be an active member of a squad with a dedicated area of responsibility and delivery focus – doing coding, solution design, etc
As Chapter Lead, you are a friendly and listening leader with a solid technology base. To be more specific, we expect that You have:
- 5+ years experience in Java development covering all phases from design and build to deploy and run
- Solid technical profile and an ability to develop and motivate others, at the same time as being able to define the HOW, having a good understanding of IT architecture and hands-on experience with solution design
- Been a leader for some years, with an engineering background, ready to do IT development once again. Or you come from a senior or chief developer positions, with the interest and motivation to try out leadership
- Well-founded experience working with agile development methodologies and a genuinely agile mindset
- Good understanding of Microservices, Domain-Driven Design, REST API principles
- Can attitude, creative problem-solving skills, and your ability to self-organize and work autonomously with the mandate to move fast and do things differently – you also n fail and learn from it
- Ability to collaborate with many different types of people, challenge ideas, and self-develop
- Advanced English skills both verbal and in written
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4560 EUR to 6840 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Squad Leader.