Chapter Lead (Java) for Welcoming and Orchestration Tribe
Does growing people and improving the technological practices used within a group excite you? Then a chapter lead position in the Welcoming & Orchestration tribe might be the right role for you.
In the Welcoming & Orchestration tribe, we are responsible for welcoming all new customers joining Danske Bank and ensuring existing customers can order the products they want digitally and fast.
We’re on a digital acceleration journey where self-service is the way forward. Onboarding and product orders are a strategic priority for Danske Bank, where we’re tasked with developing scalable solutions with high attention to delivering great customer experience.
You’ll be joining an agile team of highly skilled IT professionals working closely together in an informal atmosphere across Lithuania, Denmark, Poland and India. We want you as part of our Vilnius team.
As a chapter leader, you will have a split responsibility: You will be the HR manager for our software engineers while at the same time working in a squad as a Java developer.
To be more precise, your responsibilities will include:
- Being accountable for your chapter members growth both on a professional as well as on a personal level
- Developing guidelines incl. best practices to improve the execution of chapter members’ responsibilities as well as conducting goal setting and performance reviews
- Working closely together with the IT tribe lead, solution architects, and the other chapter leads to ensure we attract, develop and retain a team of highly skilled and motivated people with a good team spirit
- Improving and evolving the craftsmanship by introducing relevant industry topics and trends
- Being an active member of a squad with a dedicated area of responsibility and delivery focus – doing coding, solution design, etc.
- You have a technical profile and ability to develop and motivate others, at the same having a good understanding of IT architecture and solution design
- You have solid previous experience working with Java and the ability to guide and set best practices
- Either you have been a leader for some years, with an engineering background, or you come from a senior or chief developer position, with the interest and motivation to try out leadership
- You have a natural interest in seeing, encouraging, and fixing areas that could be improved and you can make those transformations through others
- You can lead through servant leadership as well as provide coaching to let others flourish
- You have great communication skills and advanced English as well
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4880 EUR to 7320 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Squad Leader (Chapter Lead).