Chief Data Engineer
Danske Bank is a Nordic bank with bridges to the world around us. For 150 years, we have supported people and businesses in releasing their potential. A career with us is an opportunity to join a community of 22,000 colleagues in a culture where we are committed to Teaming Up, Owning It and Being Open. Together, we are on a journey to transform Danske Bank into a better bank. For our customers, our employees and the societies around us.
Investment area brings wealth and value to our customers. In Retail Investment Tribe, we make it easy for customers to invest and empower advisors to offer best-in-class investment advice through simple, high-quality solutions. Become a part of an awesome journey where we constantly learn, improve, and create cool solutions for our customers.
With this specific position, we invite you to join Data Enablers squad. We own data foundation providing insights & analytics on Retail investment products, enabling business decision-making and self-empowered data driven insights.
With Turn to New Tech, we set out to accelerate the adoption of modern technologies and engineering practices into our way of developing. Opening a new page and exploring cloud solutions to land Retail investment data is our current ambition and goal.
On daily basis, you will work, collaborate and have fun with 4 data engineers and 2 business analysts within the squad and many more in our Tribe and organization.
*Depending on your skills, knowledge and experience, you may be offered different seniority in the role.
You will be working closely with Business Stakholders, experienced Data Engineers, Architects, BA specialists, Developers to build and maintain solid cloud based Investment data foundation in Retail Investment Tribe.
To be more precise your responsibilities will include:
- Accelerate cloud-based retail investment data foundation development utilizing modern technologies offerings
- Model, utilize, transform, and orchestrate data workflows in our domain
- Drive cloud-based infrastructure set up and take maintenance responsibility together with the squad
- Be a crucial part of working group on the architecture for on premise to cloud data movement along with best practices, standards, templates etc.
- Act with system ownership in mind and take responsibility for ensuring high quality in all solutions – both directly through your work and indirectly through guiding your team members
Challenge the way we do things!
A bit about you and your background:
- Solid experience with Data warehousing concepts (engineering, building, maintaining)
- Previous experience and solid competencies using Python/ SQL/ NoSQL
- Hand experience with Airflow, Hadoop, Apache Spark
- Knowledge of data engineering tools stacks and comfortable exploring and using modern technologies and methods to find the best fit
- Working experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Working experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) (advantage)
- Working experience with Public Cloud providers, especially AWS (advantage)
- Have an interest in and experience with Data Science and ML (advantage)
- Agile mindset
- Advanced English language skills, both spoken and written
And if you do not know something from above – will learn it together!
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4560 EUR to 6840 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer (Data Engineer), Chief.