Data Engineer for Risk Tribe
Risk is at the core of everything we do as a bank! Successful Risk Management is not possible without great data infrastructure and sufficient pipelines processing billions of rows of data. We as Data Engineers in Risk Tribe ensure end-to-end processes of the data lifecycle while always thinking about innovative ways to improve our data warehouse setup.
Currently, Risk Tribe is on the edge of shifting over from an on-prem data warehouse and moving over to the Public Cloud. With Turn to New Tech initiative, we are innovating and transforming the way we work with data, especially in IRB and Compliance areas. This brings great opportunities to you as Data Engineer to be part of the journey and accelerate the adoption of modern technologies and engineering practices.
As a Data Engineer, you will be joining one of the high-impact squads within the Risk Tribe and utilizing your technical skills to design and build data solutions. Besides being part of the squad, you will also belong to the Data Engineers chapter, a community of highly skilled engineers who share the same passion as you for data and technology. The Chapter drives continuous learning, and knowledge sharing and ensures that best practices are spread across the whole tribe and organization.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you different seniority in the role.
- You will be designing, developing and implementing end-to-end data solutions while collaborating with business stakeholders and end-users
- You will create automated, orchestrated, scalable data pipelines to populate tables at the agreed frequency to enable faster time to market and adaptation to organizational changes
- Together with your colleagues you will drive cloud-based infrastructure set-up and modernize the ways how we are extracting, transforming and loading the data
- In collaboration with other Data Engineers in the chapter, you will define best practices while also improving your own competencies and data engineering tool stack
- You will consult other engineers, data scientists and analysts from other areas in the bank on risk data-related questions
- You will be a part of a cross-functional squad driving the transformation and improving the ways we do Risk management in the bank
We expect you:
- Have a proven track record in development and IT project lifecycle knowledge gained by working in data warehousing or software projects
- Have experience in working with ETL tools like IBM Info sphere Data Stage, Informatica, Alteryx, AWS Glue etc. to develop data pipelines ingesting data from structured / semi-structured data sources
- Have comprehensive hands-on experience with SQL and relational databases
- Can see a wider picture but also dive into details to understand particular data usage, dependencies and relations
- Are Proficient in programming with Python or any other widely-known programming language
- Upper-Intermediate English language skills
- Preferably to have an understanding of AWS technologies like S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis etc.
- Have an academic background in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 3280 EUR to 4920 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer (Data Engineer).