Data Engineer in Global Insights team
Global Insights is part of Chief Data and Analytics Technology Office with key motivation and strategic goal to implement and move data and technological agenda in the bank. Next to Data Platform, Group Data Office CoE, Analytics Foundation CoE we represent the Business Intelligence part from the data perspective.
Global Insights is a centralized unit with a mission to provide data and reporting solutions to support service units across Technology & Services organization and other bank areas. We hold responsibility spanning data and reporting infrastructure maintenance, business logic ownership, technical and reporting development in SQL and Tableau. Our product’s core focus is processing operational and end-to-end performance, capacity planning, and management information insights.
*Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you different seniority of the role.
We are looking for a data engineer excited about developing, maintaining, and continuously improving optimal data ETL solutions, understanding the end-to-end data value chain, and efficiently operating in a relatively complex environment.
An ideal candidate is expected to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of data and organising it into structured, meaningful, and reusable databases
- Ensure solution compliance with development standards, IT risk and security protocols, and data management principles
- Be an advocate of efficient use of infrastructure resources
- Have a broader view of how technological data solutions contribute to end-user value realisation through analysis, reporting, and administrating.
- Productively take part in data migration and modernization projects ensuring not only technical but also qualitative characteristics in line with defined standards
- Act as a sparring partner for other data engineers and BI analysts
- Provide outcome-focused, practical solutions, formulate measures/activities towards those solutions
- Identify optimization areas and specific roadmaps to realize improvements
- Creatively collaborate with broader data & analytics community to continuously improve organizational interconnectedness of data repositories and enable optimal use of infrastructure
- Act as a role model, couch, support, and effectively share knowledge with the broader data engineering, business intelligence team
- Professional experience working with large-scale and diverse enterprise data/ETL solutions utilizing such technologies and products like MS SQL Server (+ other RDBS), SSIS, SSAS, SSMDS, Hadoop, Data API, Tableau (optional), or other similar technologies/tools. Knowledge of Python, .Net, C# knowledge is a big plus.
- In-depth understanding of data sourcing/integration/enrichment best practices, industry standards, and tools
- Practical experience in data modeling, automation, and query optimisation techniques ensuring optimal use of infrastructure
- Proven experience in IT solution lifecycle management
- Ability to convert business requirements into data solutions by defining data flows and designing suitable data models
- Information management skills, including data lineage/traceability, data governance, working knowledge of IT infrastructure, various technologies/platforms, and aligned vendor solutions and the capabilities they bring
- Have good communicational and interpersonal skills and ability to make decisions in a rather complex environment
- Having proactive, agile, strategic mindset, and extremely good analytical problem solving skills
- Innovative, positive, enthusiastic, and approachable
- Fluent in English
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 3120 EUR to 4680 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
We care about your well-being and work-life balance, so we offer a whole package of benefits for you in addition! Check this out
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer.