Data Engineering Chapter Lead in Asset Financing Tribe
Do you want to join Danske Bank on our journey to change financing processes? We are committed to being at the forefront of digital development in our pursuit to create the bank of the future. To do this, we need solid minds and highly motivated candidates with motivated attitudes and the courage to encourage the way we do things.
You will join Asset Finance Tribe, based across various locations in the world. Unit is aiming to digitalize current financing processes for customers in the Nordics. The position is an interesting opportunity to contribute to a non-traditional banking set-up characterized by start-up culture, high pace, agile development, flat hierarchy, and an overarching customer-focused approach
This Agile technical leadership position combines sound development skills needed to perform day-by-day tasks in the squad and HR leadership responsibilities for up to 8 back-end developers.
- As Chapter Lead, you are an innovative and motivated leader. You blend deep chapter area expertise with enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
- You will serve as a “coach & presence,” spending part of your time organizing your Chapter by advising on how to complete tasks in the best possible way. You will spend the remaining part of your time as a doer in a Squad delivering value by completing tasks
- You will be defining and developing engineering guidelines incl. practices to improve the work of Chapter
- You have a natural interest in seeing, growing, and fixing areas that could be improved, both in and outside the tribe
- You are experienced in data pipeline development covering all phases from design and build to deploy and run
- You will carry the HR responsibility for your Chapter members to report to you as their line manager. This includes classical HR responsibilities, performance reviews, training, recruitment activities
- Your work will have a direct impact and will bring significant benefits to Asset Finance business in Nordic countries
- 7+ years of prior experience in data engineering
- A deep understanding of data warehousing and ETL/ELT concepts
- Databases and SQL knowledge
- Experience with data processing tools (SSIS, Pentaho, Hop etc.)
- As a leader, you need to be committed to empowering and facilitating others’ development
- Willingness to share ideas and best practices
- Advanced in English, both written and spoken – and ready to communicate daily with team members across locations
- Experience in Agile people management
- Cloud infrastructure (Openshift, AWS, etc. )
- Experience in distributed real-time stream processing (Kafka, Spark, Flink)
- Experience with containerization systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
Basic understanding of different banking domains and the correlation between each other
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4560 EUR to 6840 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Squad Leader (Chapter Lead).