Experienced Business Analyst for Investment and Securities Fraud Team
Would you like to become part of a team focused on fighting financial crime? Do you want to play a vital part in an exciting journey in the Bank to fight financial crime? Do you want to join a team of skilled colleagues where you can truly make an impact for Danske Bank and society by preventing investment fraud in Denmark and internationally? Then we have just the right position for you!
You will join the Investment and Securities Fraud team in 1st Line Financial Crime, responsible for a significant amount of investment assets under management on the buy-side and major investment banking transactions on the sell-side. Our team consists of both Investment and Securities professionals and technical experts, along with colleagues from multiple nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
Prevention of Investment Fraud is a key strategic priority for Danske Bank, and we are making investments to become an industry leader. Therefore, our team has a very ambitious agenda. We aim to stop the next Enron accounting fraud, Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme, or Wirecard hustle.
In this newly established role, you contribute to identifying investment and securities fraud risks and ensuring that these risks are mitigated. We aim to protect Danske Bank and our customers from the most intelligent white-collar criminals around the globe. We will do this by utilising data, having innovative systems, in-depth analysis, having a flair for crunching numbers, looking for suspicious patterns and behaviours in corporate entities, funds, etc., and being enthusiastic with a high degree of expertise. Together, we empower stakeholders around the bank to make informed decisions so the bank can effectively fight and prevent fraud while also ensuring a great customer experience and a safer society.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you a different seniority of the role, so please note that professionals with extensive experience are encouraged to apply, as additional expertise may qualify for a higher position.
- Help us map out the uncharted territories of Investment and Securities Fraud and identify investment fraud risks across the Danske Bank Group
- Contribute as a subject-matter expert (SME) to fraud risk assessments of various investment products, process reviews, coming up with recommendations, etc.
- Develop, define, and refine frameworks (e.g., Due Diligence) for different investment areas that could be subject to fraud
- Investigate suspicious cases that are received from various sources, e.g., stakeholders, media, etc., and prevent fraudulent cases, for instance, through risk awareness and recommendations for mitigating actions
- Support other team members with SME knowledge on the development of automatic corporate and investment fraud detection tools
- Support and educate stakeholders and business areas on various topics related to corporate and investment fraud
- Build cross-domain collaboration with other stakeholders and fraud domains to strengthen the bank’s cross-cutting fraud prevention, detection, and controls
- At least 3 years of experience in financial crime prevention or fraud risk, such as trading, investment banking or corporate finance, stock market analyst, etc.
- A relevant educational background, for example, within finance, accounting/auditing, corporate law, and risk management
- Good knowledge of financial markets, instruments, asset management, investment banking, and corporate finance
- Hand-on experience with forensic accounting and auditing could be highly relevant
- It is essential that you bring a solid analytical, innovative, and curious mindset, financial crime and fraud risk management competencies, as well as solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation, with the ability and curiosity to learn new things and implement new ideas since Investment Fraud is a relatively new area in the bank
- Ability to work in a growing environment and meet deadlines without compromising on quality
- Upper-Intermediate in spoken as well as written English is required
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 3360 EUR to 5040 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Analyst - Business, Senior.