Strategic Staffing Solutions International client - Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) - is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of over $9.1 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients.
Currently NASDAQ is expanding the team in Lithuania and is looking for:
Global Head of Accounting Operations
Nasdaq is now looking for a Senior Director, Global Head of Financial Shared Services based in Vilnius, Lithuania. The Senior Director continues to execute the established strategy for the shared services department, including leading and managing Nasdaq’s financial shared services function, and overseeing the operation of the current shared services footprint, which is comprised of procurement operations and travel and expense management; accounts payable and settlement; accounts receivables and collections; and fixed assets.
The Senior Director will partner with senior financial management to expand shared services capabilities, centralize services and evaluate delivery models. This role is also responsible for elevating the shared services function, developing, building and driving the future-state shared services model.
You will lead through influence and collaborates with partners across the Company to deliver a best-in-class customer experience in an efficient, cost-effective manner and to strategize for the future. Ensure teams are measured and held accountable to key performance metrics. Leverage dashboards, improve reporting and processes, and benchmark shared service departments to continue to evolve the department. Comply with local legal requirements by understanding existing and new legislations, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions. Ensure effective communication between HR, Operations, Finance, and other departments regarding any change and impact to associates or the business.
Global Procurement Operations and T &E Administration:
- Manage a team of professionals responsible for supporting the organization with Procure to pay processes and queries
- Provide data and procurement support as needed to cross-functional internal customers within Nasdaq’s global offices
- Improve system data, focusing on standardization and harmonization between entities and regions
- Develop meaningful KPIs to allow for performance review against goals and objectives
- Ensure continued support with the implementation of the new procure to pay system, COUPA
- Develop implementation strategy of process improvement opportunities
- Develop and implement processes for effective issue escalation and resolution
- Maintain and update Travel policy; ensure training and compliance with policy, ensure team delivers monthly expense reporting.
Accounts Payable and Settlement:
- Manage a team of professionals responsible for supplier settlement and payables reconciliation
- Ensure vendor payments and employee reimbursements are issued in a timely, efficient manner in accordance with internal and external policies and procedures
- Oversee the reconciliation of subsidiary Accounts Payable ledgers to the general ledger; ensure suspended and aged items are investigated, researched, and posted correctly and make necessary corrections.
- Oversee completion and submission of 1099 reporting
- Reconcile and resolve escalated vendor discrepancies.
- Have a general understanding of SOX guidelines to ensure staff maintains compliance via process documentation review (narratives) and respective quarterly updates
- Will routinely interact with internal and external auditors for annual walkthroughs with support staff. Perform regular audits of work and employee work areas.
- Work on integration of new deals/acquisitions into existing structure: policies, procedures, data load and reconciliation into PeopleSoft
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Monthly Close processes:
- Work closely with the regional financial controllers on a monthly basis to ensure accurate books and records
- Support the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process
Global Accounts Receivables and Collections:
- Manage a team of professionals processing full cycle of cash allocation, cash management and AR and master data management (in both Vilnius and in the U.S.)
- Oversee and steer day to day operation and delegate responsibilities across your team
- Build, coach and develop your team
- Ensure that requests are handled with professionalism and positive service attitude while ensuring that delivery is according to defined SLA
- Manage and revise work flow duties and direct inbound inquiries as needed
- Establish and maintain close and professional partnerships with internal stakeholders
- Streamline internal processes to ensure the most efficient operational standards
- Review and manage exception reports, KPIs, and other key indicators of performance/output
Fixed assets and Capitalization:
- Manage a team of professionals responsible for asset and project data capturing and accounting
- Ensure compliance with Global Asset and Capitalization policies
- Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant / Degree in Finance or Accountancy.
- Minimum Experience: 15 years’ experience with at least 10 years’ experience in established Finance shared services centers; including at least 3 years at management level in an established shared service center which provides multi-function support covering multiple countries within the region.
- Technically sound in all Finance, Accounting, Controls and Compliance areas, with proven ability in understanding accounting standards (IFRS, Local GAAP, US GAAP etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, proven stakeholder management abilities, collaborative nature, strong analytical skills, facilitating decision making at all levels of the business, hands-on role and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset: enjoys the challenge of a fast-paced, complex environment and is highly motivated, proactive and detailed-oriented