Governance Officer in Business Risk and Controls
Are you a skilled risk professional with excellent compliance-oriented analytical skills, capable of driving risk management projects and tasks including strengthening risk culture working in a global, dynamic environment?
You have the opportunity to join our Business Risk & Controls (BRC) department and help Danske Bank Technology and Services (T&S) provide excellent service by working with non-financial risk management projects. BRC contains five teams and you will join the Governance & Methodology team.
You will act as a first line of defense (1LOD), interacting closely with the business areas in T&S, second and third lines of defense (2LOD/3LOD) and risk functions in other divisions.
We ensure compliance with our Group Non-financial risk framework by working with T&S units, other BRC divisions and 2LOD to provide feedback on policies and instructions, performing deep dives on particular risk areas, and developing implementation strategies for new risk and control framework requirements.
We provide additional support to the T&S units and find ways to ensure risk remediation efforts are managed effectively and efficiently.
You will become a part of the international risk team with 30+ employees across both Copenhagen and Vilnius (you will be based in Vilnius).
Depending on your experience and knowledge we may offer you a different seniority of the role.
- Develop methodologies and guidelines for T&S units to complement policies / instructions from 2LOD
- Provide feedback on policy / instruction changes or additions
- Work across units to continually build a stronger and more standardized risk management environment
- Contribute to building and implementing overall quality and risk strategy, tools and processes.
- Promote the culture of continuing focus on risk management
- 4+ years’ of experience with non-financial risk management in financial institutions – perhaps you have experience from an audit- or compliance area
- Effective communication and cooperation skills and ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Should be able to deliver results with limited direction and supervision
- Strong sparring skills and ability to stand your ground
- You are results orientated, pro-active and can work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to break down policies and frameworks into actionable and value-adding guidance
- Ability to define risk management strategy through influence colleagues and teams across different geographies to deliver a consistent agenda
- Demonstrable ability to support support and ensure an effective (Operational) risk framework
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 2720 EUR to 4080 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Specialist – Risk, Senior.