Observability and Toolset Engineer
Do you want to work in the Service Reliability and Observability area to modernize IT monitoring?
Join us in building a Better Bank by driving challenging initiatives. You will become part of IT area of high priority in the bank with the vision to profoundly change the way the bank functions.
You will join the Observability and Toolset Engineering Team (OTE) responsible for introducing a change in basic assumptions from a traditional monitoring setup to a modern organization embedding Site Reliability Engineering disciplines to ensure that monitoring and operational challenges are met with engineering methods and mindset.
Our goal is to further improve observability by adopting modern technologies to ensure stability, performance, and fast recovery.
You will collaborate closely with the Platform and Software engineers in infrastructure and application teams (located in Lithuania, India and Denmark) with plenty of opportunities to upskill your technical knowledge.
You are a great fit if you enjoy researching, developing, engineering, and reducing complexity with experience in building observability tools from scratch.
*Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you different seniority of the role.
- Be responsible for driving standardization of logging, monitoring and telemetry services
- Support stability and development of observability practices, tools and infrastructure
- Ensure high availability and performance of observability stack – design, run and support in at least one area:
- Time Series Data Base (TSDB) platform
- Event Streaming platform
- Monitoring platforms and agents
- Dashboard and reporting services
- Alert management workflow
- Work with cross-platform engineers to support observability presence on Windows, Linux, and Cloud platforms
- Find opportunities for improvements to optimize systems and workflows
- Implement best practices around observability involving multiple teams and components
- Develop or tune system specific alerting logic to improve signal-to-noise ratio
- Optimize modern observability tools to enable alerting on symptoms, not causes
- Experience as platform/infrastructure/service engineer – build, run, support functions
- Experience implementing and supporting solutions for alerting, monitoring or observability
- Cross-culture collaborative problem-solving approach with effective communication skills
- Upper-Intermediate English language skills
- Technical general expertise in most of the areas, deep knowledge in at least one:
- Observability, alerting and monitoring tools (e.g., Grafana, Prometheus, ELK Stack, Nagios, Zabbix)
- Kafka streaming platform
- Virtualization or container-based management and orchestration technologies
- Administration of Linux/Unix systems
- Work with any major cloud provider
- Infrastructure management, configuration management and automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet)
- Hands-on experience with any scripting/programming languages (e.g., Python, C#, Java)
- Working experience with Application Performance Monitoring tools and techniques
- Foundational knowledge of network infrastructure components (e.g., firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, wireless, VPN and network monitoring tools)
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 2720 EUR to 4080 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Platform Engineer.