Procurement Manager in IT Consultancy Services
Do you want to be challenged and develop your procurement skills in a high-performance culture? Then join Danske Bank Group Procurement as our Procurement Manager for IT Consultancy services within Strategic Sourcing of Indirect Services, and contribute to building a best in the class procurement team.
About the role
You will work with the Head of Procurement – Indirect Services on various tasks on a daily basis. You will also handle engagements independently with the focus to secure continuous improvement in sourcing and procuring, ensuring the best value for money for the Bank, the right time-to-market, cost transparency, and implementation of recognized best practices.
You will be located at the Danske Bank office in Lithuania, but your main stakeholders are based at different premises. The job, therefore, requires flexibility and/or some amount of traveling to other markets where Danske Bank operates.
You will join the Indirect Services team within Strategic Sourcing in Group Procurement, which includes six team members responsible for Management, Legal, Financial & IT Consultancy, HR Services, Marketing, and Communications.
Plan and execute category activities
As our new Procurement Manager, you plan and execute category activities in accordance with the agreed objectives, strategies, and plans. You suggest, align, and execute spend optimization activities for the category (including cost-saving and avoidance), as well as securing cost transparency.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you different seniority of the role.
- On daily basis engage with various stakeholders, identifying and understanding their requirements to attract new IT consultants for their respective fields and help them achieve their goals
- Work with vendors to translate those requirements and perform market searches for needed services
- Negotiate contracts for new vendors and optimize contracts for existing vendors to ensure compliance with Bank’s standards and regulations
- Prepare purchasing contracts and purchase orders
- Ensure wise spending and reporting. You develop category intelligence and strategy to maximize Danske Bank’s competitive advantage
- 3-5 years of experience from a similar position that has given you expertise within procurement and/or category management
- Experience within consultancy sourcing (IT Services and Human Resources would be an advantage)
- Relevant education in Economics, Business Administration, Law or similar (Bachelor’s, Masters or similar level)
- Work experience combined with an academic mind-set would be an advantage
- Strong communicator and negotiator, motivator and team player
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Advanced English skills (both oral and written)
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 2720 EUR to 4080 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Category Specialist.