The position reports to the Manager of Record-to-Report (RTR) and is an integral part of a team responsible for supporting activities related to management accounting and financial reporting. In this role, close collaboration with various stakeholders will be essential to prepare reports and financial statements, ensuring timely submissions to external auditors, regulators, internal management, and external parties.
This role demands a high degree of accuracy, proactive collaboration with various stakeholders, and commitment to maintaining compliance with financial guidelines and standards.
The RTR Analyst will work in tandem with the RTR Manager to deliver services within the RTR domain, fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Review and meticulously analyze information extracted from the general ledger and other accounting records, ensuring accuracy and comprehensiveness. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary.
- Supervise the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Perform Month-end Controls Activity and provide necessary support for statutory audits.
- Conduct technical reviews, including trial balance assessments.
- Undertake consolidation tasks for both management and statutory reporting.
- Perform financial analysis, encompassing variance analysis, to guarantee precision in report preparation. Clearly communicate commercial impacts to facilitate informed decisions by Local Finance.
- Assist in generating presentations and reports for management and other stakeholders, including regulatory and shareholder reports.
- Aid in monitoring financial and operational performance metrics, providing insights into business performance.
- Offer input to Local Finance, as needed, concerning applicable judgment accruals or value assumptions.
- Contribute to ongoing process enhancement initiatives aimed at streamlining financial processes and boosting data integrity and accuracy.
- Ensure adherence to financial policies, procedures, and pertinent accounting standards.
- Additionally, perform any other reasonable tasks within the Record to Report domain as necessitated.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a similar industry in a record-to-report role.
- Good understanding of management account principles and financial reporting practices.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, processes, and workflow technology.
- Excellent English speaker, accurately able to read and write English and to communicate with senior stakeholders and management.
- Self-awareness and relationship-building skills.
- Gravitas, self-awareness, and relationship-building skills needed to build rapport and influence stakeholders.
- High integrity and keen eye for accuracy that builds trust in analysis being provided.
- Pro-active and ability to use own initiative.
- Lateral thinker who can spot connections from a variety of sources.
- Accountable, delivers on promises and follows through on commitments even in challenging circumstances.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.