Chief Data Engineer in SuperAI
Do you have a passion for data and data science? And do you take pride in your data assets and the data-driven decisions and insights they generate? Then come and join our team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists in the SuperAI Centre of Excellence at Danske Bank!
For 150 years, Danske Bank has strived to be a driver of growth and development in society. During this time, the Bank has amassed experience and huge volumes of data that has and can be connected to open a treasure trove of information with societal impact.
As a team, we assist in uncovering and preventing money laundering and other financial crimes, provide credit risk metrics that ensure Danske Bank has a real-time, data-driven understanding of the risks it takes on, and conduct academic research to further data efforts within the financial sector.
Our Centre of Excellence is a team of more than 40 people that works with other teams across the Bank to understand the data value chain. This enables us to master the end-to-end journey of our big data as well as our modelling and analytic products. As a Chief Data Engineer in SuperAI, you will be working on the top priority project, which introduces a remediation approach related to Bank’s debt collection and, hence, has a massive impact on Danske’s risk management.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you different seniority of the role.
- Take ownership of data engineering topics in the project and support other team members to deliver the team’s scope and quality
- Develop sustainable, efficient, and scalable data pipelines for both batch and real-time that meet best practices and are always monitored
- Integrate, explore, and aggregate the data; this includes data cleaning, data massage, error removal, and schema change
- Develop a good understanding of data lake architecture and the Bank’s data storage (Hadoop, SQL, cloud, etc.)
- Obtain relevant business and system knowledge to efficiently covert requirements to technical design documentation and conceptual data modelling
- Work with developing a good understanding of the Bank’s data to take proactive action on data abnormalities and monitoring cases, as well as user misunderstanding of exposed data
- Optimize data delivery, automate manual processes, and improve data quality
- Higher education in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a Software engineering role with a focus on data
- Advanced skills in Python, SQL, Spark, and C# (optional)
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and datasets
- Upper-Intermediate English skills, both spoken and written
- Know the stack of data engineering tools and are comfortable exploring and using new technologies and methods to find the best fit
- You are hands-on with git and coding best practices and have knowledge and interest in machine learning
So, if you are excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4880 EUR to 7320 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer (Data Engineer), Chief.