Senior Data Scientist for Commercial Data Science CoE
As part of the Commercial Data Science Center of Excellence you will be working in our office in Vilnius and sit in central part of Danske Banks commercial organisation. We support all 4 Nordic countries (Denmark Sweden, Norway and Finland) with Machine Learning solutions.
We work closely with the development organization to deliver and integrate Machine Learning solutions in our product offering such as the Mobile Bank, eBank, website and frontline advisors.
We develop a wide range of models that identify customer needs used to present the customer with their Next-Best-Action and optimize our marketing activities. Using data from customer interaction (messages, chats and calls) we develop NLP solutions that help provide automatic replies and digital routing to create a better customer experience.
Therefore you will be working towards developing self-running AI and ML software to automate predictive models for recommendation, customer self-service (auto-reply).
We are a diverse team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and ML Engineers with colleagues in both Denmark, India and Lithuania. We have a very research oriented culture and aim at staying up to date through various research projects with university partnerships across the greater Copenhagen area.
The Commercial Data Science Center of Excellence is the leading department for NLP and conversational AI solutions in Danske Bank. We play a vital role in developing ML solution that support strategic initiatives and commercial activities.
We aim at creating a good social atmosphere by arranging events such as hackathons, board game nights, team days etc.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you a different seniority of the role.
You will be delivering the customer experience to as many people as possible in the relevant touch points, providing them with best possible advice about their financial situation.
Danske Bank has a clear strategy to remain a leading Nordic Universal Bank. This will be achieved by continuing to develop our digital bank.
In close collaboration with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and ML Engineers you will be responsible for delivering advanced analytics to discover commercial potential. Develop ML solutions ensuring that models are deployed, scheduled, exposed, and monitored. You will evangelize standards and use of the latest technology in ML & AI.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Develop both online and batch models, delivering the model output as data or exposed as API endpoints
- Engage with relevant stakeholders across the organisation to identify relevant data science use cases
- Be a role model to other members of the team and help educate Data Scientists and stakeholders in the Data Science discipline to ensure that we leverage all the capabilities
- Work in an agile framework, prioritizing your backlog to continuously deliver results
- Cultivate relationships with team members and business experts across the organisation, making their problems yours and providing necessary solutions through product features
- Ensure the right/proper coding standards for the ML solution
- Continuously research and analyse the Data Science market, user needs and the product roadmap. Identify potentials for product expansion or pivoting as well as collaborations with external partners, vendors, and open source
Are you a skilled Data Scientist with a previous experience with developing Machine Learning solution that create commercial impact? Do you have an interest in leveraging advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to build ML solutions and provide actionable insights and data-driven decision? If so, we want you to join our team as a Senior Data Scientist.
Do you recognise yourself in many of these statements?
- Deep knowledge (3+ years) of Data Science from previous hands-on roles as a Data Scientist
- Data visualization: Experience with tools like Matplotlib, Seaborn, or Tableau for presenting findings
- Motivated with an ability to work individually and with others in the team and organisation
- Outcome-oriented with a focus on delivering
- Great communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to bring the right stakeholders together
- Curious about product development, technology trends with a thirst for knowledge, self-improvement and continuous learning
- Development and use of LLM’s
- Experience with following or similar:
- Public Cloud providers (preferably AWS)
- Big data technologies like Hadoop
- CI/CD pipelines
- Plus: Ability to navigate in a large global organization
- Advanced English skills
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 3200 EUR to 4800 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Data Scientist, Senior.