Senior software Engineer (Java) in Core Payments Platform Tribe
Do you want to join Danske Bank on our journey to change financing services? We are committed to being at the forefront of digital development in our pursuit to create the bank of the future.
To do this we need bright minds and highly motivated team members with innovative perspective and the courage to question the way we do things.
We are looking for a software engineer to be part of the IT Payments Core team, where you will coordinate the quality domain in creating back end payments platform, making it possible to run a highly profiled and all bank channels facing payments ecosystem.
We expect that you develop and adopt automation, avoid repetitive, inefficient work and feel enthusiasm for becoming software solutions automation evangelist. If this is your DNA – it is a innovative opportunity to contribute to a non-traditional banking set-up characterized by start-up culture, high pace, agile development, flat hierarchy, and an overarching customer-focused approach.
- Design and develop cloud-native systems which are at the heart of a major Nordic financial institution
- Continuously develop yourself, the team’s capabilities and ways of working
- Leverage technical freedom, make and own decisions to facilitate innovation and trusted deliveries
- Work with Java, Kafka, gRPC, REST, NoSQL and classic databases, Kubernetes, other cloud-native products and innovative collaboration systems
- Closely collaborate with business users and different teams inside the bank
- Be agile and motivated, spread this mindset among the team and in daily work
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member who is excited about engineering and has a personal interest in IT. Your willingness to grow professionally is the most important competence you bring.
To be more precise, we expect that you have:
- Good proficiency in Java and tools supporting Java development
- Experience in design, development, and test automation of cloud-native systems
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility to supervise deliveries in a structured manner
- Experience in establishing and improving engineering practices, developing team’s competencies
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka, MQ
- Knowledge of integration patterns and their implications
- Positive attitude, ability and motivation to learn
- Good communication skills
- Upper-intermediate skills in verbal and written English
We are working with different tools, technologies, and platforms, so having some knowledge or experience with any of these would be useful:
- gRPC, Elasticsearch and other NoSQL data stores
- Design and optimization of relational or non-relational databases
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4320 EUR to 6480 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer (Cloud Specialist), Senior.