Software Engineer (Java) in Core Payments Platform Tribe
We’re looking for a new member to join the Payment Execution squad – a team of a dozen people based primarily in Vilnius, Lithuania.
We play an essential role in building new payment solutions for Danske Bank because we are responsible for the flow of payment processing. As a team we are very collaborative, and we’re always looking to improve our ways of working. We try to provide each other with honest and constructive feedback and try our best to help our colleagues grow.
- Implement, evolve and maintain applications that perform payment processing (mostly Kafka Streams)
- Participate in the entire cycle of software engineering, be heard in architecture, take ownership of simple to medium complexity solution designs, write code, review and have your code reviewed, perform maintenance
- Work in a closely knit squad with teammates of all levels of seniority while collaborating with a large group of Java software engineers in the tribe
- Have a great support structure. Agile champions, business functional specialists, product owners, architects and more to support your work
- Work on the underlying structure of the financial system in northern Europe. Some of the most critical systems of the bank will be developed by you. This also means that everything you do needs to be robust and easy to maintain for decades
- Collaborative and team-oriented personality
- Willingness to learn about complex systems related to payment processing at scale
- Familiarity of Git and SQL
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience of Java (Core) and libraries/frameworks in the Java ecosystem
- Have previous experience with messaging-based applications (e.g., Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.) and NoSQL databases (Elastic Search, MongoDB or similar)
- You should be somewhat familiar with common tools used in cloud engineering (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, ArgoCD, GitHub Actions, Grafana, Prometheus)
- It’s also nice if you have any previous experience with microservice architectures, gRPC, experience with Spring Boot and MS SQL
- Upper-Intermediate English both in speaking and writing
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 3440 EUR to 5160 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer (Cloud Specialist).