Software Engineer (Java) in Core Payments Tribe
Here in Core Payments Platform Tribe, we support the everyday banking needs of our customers by delivering a best-in-class payment system that orchestrates payments seamlessly in our target markets. We bring efficiency through standardization while making it our utmost priority to ensure the platform is highly performant, always compliant, secure and available.
We are looking for additional team members in our agile squads where we are creating a new Cloud payment engine, employing modern technical standards to drive efficiency, transparency and consistency in processing payment instructions for people and corporate customers.
You will be working in an environment where we take the agile mindset seriously and where you have a possibility to make a difference and leave a mark if you find situations where we could do better. By joining our team, you will:
- Design and develop cloud-native systems which are at the heart of a major Nordic financial institution
- Leverage technical freedom, make and own decisions to foster innovation and reliable deliveries
- Work with Java, Kafka, gRPC, REST, NoSQL and classic databases, Kubernetes, other cloud-native products and innovative collaboration systems
- Seek continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team
- Closely collaborate with business users and different teams inside the bank
- Be agile and spread this mindset among the team and in daily work
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member who is excited about engineering and has a personal interest in IT. Your willingness to grow professionally is the most important competence you bring.
To be more precise, we expect that you have:
- Proficiency in Java and tools supporting Java development
- Experience in design, development, and test automation of cloud-native systems
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility to carry out deliveries in a structured manner
- Knowledge of messaging systems such as Kafka, MQ or similar
- Positive attitude, ability and motivation to learn
- Good communication and intermediate English skills
We are working with different tools, technologies, and platforms, so having some knowledge or experience with any of these would be useful:
- gRPC, Elasticsearch, other NoSQL data stores
- Design and optimization of relational or non-relational databases
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 3280 EUR to 4920 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer (Cloud Specialist).