Team Leader of Business Operational Risk and Control
Do you have the combination of leadership and risk skills to be the new team lead for a team in Lithuania? Do you have experience in risk, internal audit, or the financial sector? Do you have a passion for driving change and facilitating continuous improvement? If so, could you be the pro-active and positive–minded new colleague we are looking for to join the Business Risk and Control team in our Large Corporate & Institutions business?
Who are we?
Large Corporates & Institution Business Risk & Controls is a dynamic and growing team with the mission to drive and assist the businesses in the Large Corporate & Institutional business unit in owning and executing prudent risk management. In practice this means we are:
- The first line of defense: Together with the Business we have a mandate to protect the bank and its customers;
- Risk managers: We serve as an advisor and facilitator to the Business on risk-related issues, by assisting in identifying, evaluating, mitigating and reporting on risks;
- Drivers of a robust risk culture: We contribute to enhancing and maintaining a strong risk culture in Large Corporates & Institutions that will result in reducing the overall risk exposure and damages within risk appetite/tolerance
- Providing analysis and insight for business decisions: We create reports and analyses to assist the Large Corporates & Institutions senior management in steering the risks and to stay within risk appetite/tolerance
What do we offer?
You will be part of a global team of 20-25 Business Risk & Control Managers in Large Corporates & Institutions working together across countries, providing you with the opportunity to collaborate with skilled colleagues with diverse expertise within risk management. The role is new to spearhead the centre of excellence of Business Risk & Control specialists in Lithuania in relation to the Conduct team and Reporting & Committees team, and be part of Large Corporates & Institutions Business Hub in Lithuania.
The Large Corporates & Institutions Business Hub in Lithuania is an integral part of global business unit serving the largest Danske Bank corporate & institutional customers and prospects. We work in a global team setup where cross-country competencies are combined with supporting our customers’ needs in many product areas ranging from fixed income and equities to transaction banking and asset management.
The global team and your manager will support you in your learning and development and encourage your suggestion to improve the risk and control environment and drive change. Apart from gaining skills and knowledge through daily work, Danske Bank offers a wide range of professional training activities ranging from bank-specific knowledge and technical training to project management. An important part of your job is stakeholder management, and you will gain an extensive network across the Danske Bank Group.
The first line Business Operational and Control Risk team interconnects with a wide range of stakeholders on many levels of the organisation. Our mission is to operationalise operational risk management and integrate operational risk at the heart of customer relations and product lifecycles. We are a self-driven group with an open and innovative mind-set.
This is an exciting opportunity to impact both the Bank’s current operational risk team and help influence improvements in the target operating model for a long term sustainable business and it opens the possibility to be part of building the team and our ways of working.
You will be supporting strategic Operational Risk deliverables and initiatives while you are facilitating risk awareness and advice. You will also have the opportunity to influence policies and advising on the integration of operational risk in business procedures, as well as building a sound risk and control environment across business functions and setting up appropriate reporting and escalation.
As Team Leader of Business Risk & Control, you will have both leadership and risk expertise to perform the following:
- Perform day-to-day planning and assigning of work within the team
- Engage, develop, coach, and motivate your team members in achieving the team’s strategic and operational goals
- Supervise the team in setting and performing day to day deliveries with the business and functional areas
- Be a key part of the Business Risk & Controls operational management team in Large Corporates & Institutions
- Contribute to the overall management of the Global Reporting & Committees and Conduct teams in Business Risk & Controls
- Liaise and collaborate with internal stakeholders across the Group on quality, efficiencies, controls, and improvements in processes and systems
- Engage with the Business on matters relevant to the team you are assigned
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and sparring partner for day-to-day risk and control questions
- Lead and facilitate relevant risk-related projects
- Drive risk culture awareness
We hope that as our new colleague, you will:
- Have Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business or technical field (e.g., finance, economics, math, audit/internal controls or similar)
- Possess at least 5 years experience in the financial sector, preferably in a risk-related function
- Have knowledge of investment banking, transaction banking, or asset management, which would be helpful, but not essential
- Have proven track record of at least 2 years in leading/ managing/ building a diverse team
- Have proven track record of successful stakeholder management; i.e., be skillful translator of business needs and executing deliveries
- Have been successful in driving transformations and completing multiple tasks, both self-directed and in teams
- Be proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Be familiar with VBA / Excel macros / Databases which would be an advantage
- Be comfortable in independently driving team agenda, feel great in being self-sustainable and be capable of gathering and inspiring talents around you
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 2920 EUR to 4380 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
We care about your well-being and work-life balance, so we offer a whole package of benefits for you in addition! Check this out
Your title in job contract will be Leader of Team.