Team Leader of First Line Conduct Risk
Do you have the combination of leadership and risk management skills to be the new team leader for a team in Lithuania? Do you have experience in risk, internal audit, or the financial sector? Do you have a passion for driving change and facilitating continuous improvement? If so, could you be the pro-active and positive–minded new colleague we are looking for to join the Business Risk and Control team in our Large Corporate & Institutions Business Hub in Lithuania?
Who are we?
Large Corporates & Institutions Business Risk & Controls is a dynamic and growing team with the mission to drive and assist the businesses in the Large Corporate & Institutional business unit in owning and executing prudent risk management. In practice this means we are:
- The first line of defense: Together with the Business we have a mandate to protect the bank and its customers;
- Risk managers: We serve as an advisor and facilitator to the Business on risk related issues, by assisting in identifying, evaluating, mitigating and reporting on risks;
- Drivers of a robust risk culture: We contribute to enhancing and maintaining a strong risk culture in Large Corporates & Institutions that will result in reducing the overall risk exposure and damages within risk appetite/tolerance;
- Providing analysis and insight for business decisions: We create reports and analyses to assist the Large Corporates & Institutions senior leadership in steering the risks and to stay within risk appetite/tolerance.
What do we offer?
You will be part of a global team of 20-25 Business Risk & Control Managers in Large Corporates & Institutions working together across countries, providing you with the opportunity to collaborate with skilled colleagues with diverse expertise within risk management. The role is new to spearhead the centre of excellence of Business Risk & Control specialists in Lithuania in relation to the Conduct team and Reporting & Committees team, and be part of Large Corporates & Institutions Business Hub in Lithuania.
The Conduct programme is a critical part of the transformation programme running in Danske bank as a part of regulatory compliance agenda. It is a strategic project having major importance and extensive senior leadership attention. This is a relatively new and significant area in the regulatory agenda of financial institutions – in a way, new risk management field of expertise is being created in the financial sector. The programme is closely connected with a number of areas of the Group activities, including Sustainability, HR and Compliance, providing broad opportunities to develop relationships outside of the function itself.
The Large Corporates & Institutions Business Hub in Lithuania is an integral part of global business unit serving the largest Danske Bank corporate & institutional customers and prospects. We work in a global team setup where cross-country competencies are combined with supporting our customers’ needs in many product areas ranging from fixed income and equities to transaction banking and asset management.
The global team and your manager will support you in your learning and development and encourage your suggestions to improve the risk and control environment and drive change. Apart from gaining skills and knowledge through daily work, Danske Bank offers a wide range of professional training activities ranging from bank-specific knowledge and technical training to project management. An important part of your job will be global stakeholder management, and you will gain an extensive network across the Danske Bank Group.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you a different seniority of the role.
The first line Conduct team is a newly established one, interconnecting a wide range of stakeholders, on many levels of the organization. Our mission is to operationalize conduct risk management and integrate conduct at the heart of customer relations and product lifecycles. We are a self-driven group with an open and innovative mind-set.
This is an exciting opportunity to impact both the Bank’s current Conduct foundation, and create the target operating model for a long term sustainable business. The fact that we are a new unit opens the possibility to be part of building the team and our ways of working.
You will be supporting strategic Conduct deliverables and initiatives, while you are facilitating conduct awareness and advice. You will also be assisting with Conduct Policies and advising on the integration of Conduct in business procedures, as well as building a sound Conduct control environment across business functions and setting up appropriate reporting and escalation for Conduct risk management.
As Team Lead of First line conduct risk, you will have both leadership and risk expertise to perform the following:
- Perform day-to-day planning and assigning of work within the team
- Engage, develop, coach, and motivate your team members in achieving the team’s strategic and operational goals
- Supervise the team in setting and performing day to day deliveries with the business and functional areas
- Be a key part of the Business Risk & Controls operational management team in Large Corporates & Institutions
- Contribute to the overall management of the Global Reporting & Committees and Conduct teams in Business Risk & Controls
- Liaise and collaborate with internal stakeholders across the Group on quality, efficiencies, controls, and improvements in processes and systems
- Engage with the Business on matters relevant to the team you are assigned
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and sparring partner for day-to-day risk and control questions
- Lead and facilitate relevant risk-related projects
- Drive risk culture awareness
We hope that as our new colleague, you will:
- Have Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business or technical field (e.g., finance, economics, math, audit/internal controls or similar)
- Possess at least 5 years experience in the financial sector, preferably in a risk-related area
- Have knowledge of investment banking, transaction banking, or asset management, which would be helpful, but not essential
- Have proven track record of at least 2 years in leading/managing/building a diverse team
- Have proven track record of successful stakeholder management; i.e., skillful translator of business needs and executing deliveries
- Have been successful in driving transformations and completing multiple tasks, both self-directed and in teams
- Be proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Be familiar with VBA / Excel macros / Databases which would be an advantage
- Be comfortable in independently driving team agenda, feel great in being self-sustainable and be capable of gathering and inspiring talents around you
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 2920 EUR to 4380 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
We care about your well-being and work-life balance, so we offer a whole package of benefits for you in addition! Check this out
Your title in job contract will be Leader of Team.