Backend Developer (Node.js)
We are a great bunch of highly skilled professionals, responsible for development of Netflix-like global TV platforms that are serving millions of customers in Nordic and Baltic markets.
A newly established TV4 Media company is a priority business area within Telia group, and the company places a lot of resources behind the development of next generation streaming solutions. If you are interested in working in a product with huge potential, then this is the place to be. Your work will directly affect much more than one million of customers!
Is this your next opportunity?
We work in a large platform and develop new functionalities in microservices architecture as well as relentlessly refactoring older parts of the platform. Our apps are running on all major device platforms: mobile apps, PCs, tablets, Apple TV, Chromecast. We are serving millions of customers across Nordics through our flagship brands of Telia Play and C More.
Your team will be playing key role in accomplishing transformation of our content integration workflows across our CMore and TeliaPlay services. HBO, Showtime, Marvel, Disney… sound familiar? No, you will not need to watch legendary Iron Man or latest Matrix Resurrections (although you can), but you will be working in team that deals every day with backend integrations of these media production giants. You will help us to fulfill our team’s greatest mission: relieve our customers from subscription fatigue and a flood of different apps by offering highest quality content from one hand.
Your experience and skills?
- Experience in NodeJS/TypeScript development
- Familiarity with Serverless/AWS Lambda development environment
- Familiarity with AWS/Terraform/GitOps concepts, since our aim is to be a cloud-native development team (advantage)
More about our tech stack:
Honestly, we are not all-mighty gurus, and this stack is not set in stone. That is why we need your mind and hands throughout our journey. It is a good opportunity to participate in key decisions on how we will operate Content & Features area for a longer run.
In this role you will:
- Build robust backend microservices working closely with our product owners and other teams, to ensure that our customers get the best service in class
- Help us with our journey from private cloud to AWS and not only port the systems but make them run on lighter technology stacks such AWS Lamba/Serverless framework/NodeJS.
- Write a well-tested and maintainable code that will serve millions of our customers
- Spread the engineering vision in your team, participate in product planning
- Mentor junior and fellow engineers to advance into more technical responsibility areas
- Drive product/code quality, security, and performance improvements throughout the team.
- Help to establish and maintain development standards and practices.
What will you find at our home?
We believe that people thrive in a purpose driven and value-oriented culture. You will be part of an exciting journey to shape the New Generation Telco and we promise to help you grow, both professionally and personally. We believe in self-leadership where you take responsibility for expressing yourself and achieving great results. IT & telecommunications are not just our business, it's our passion. You will join a winning team, to work with talented people and help create ideas and solutions for efficient business and better lives.
We offer a monthly base salary from 3855 - 5782 Euro gross depending on your experience. Besides, for each employee Telia has an additional employee benefit package which includes:
- Health insurance and pension plans
- Various Telia and partners discounts and offers
- Additional vacation days
- Flexibility that enables work-life balance
- Chance to grow both personally and professionally with our internal programs
- Open, relaxed, and fun working environment
- 20 000+ awesome colleagues across Nordic & Baltics
Interested?If you are interested in joining my team, apply for the job! If you need to know more, write me: [email protected] or connect with me on LinkedIn.
Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch. For final candidates required controls will be performed.
Welcome to Telia – Together, we are making better happen