Database Support Engineer
- Support (75% of time)
- Helping build production-grade systems based on ClickHouse: advise how to design schemas, plan clusters etc. Environments range from single node setups to clusters with 100s of nodes, including Altinity.Cloud, our managed ClickHouse service.
- Working with the community – GitHub, Stack Overflow, Telegram.
- Research and development (25% of time)
- Studying new usage patterns, ClickHouse functions, & integration with other products.
- Writing tech articles – for Altinity blog and internal KB.
- Improving infrastructure projects around ClickHouse
- Improving ClickHouse itself – fixing bugs, improving docs, creating test-cases, etc.
- Expert SQL knowledge for one of: ClickHouse (preferred), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Strong Linux shell skills / bash scripting skills
- Experience with running production-grade systems
- Technical English writing and speaking skills
- Docker self-defense skills
- Basic knowledge of distributed system concepts and big data technology stacks
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, C++, Java, Go)
- University degree (IT/math) or equivalent experience
- Kubernetes knowledge and operating experience
- Experience with big data stack components like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Nifi, …
- Experience with data science/data analysis
- Knowledge of SRE / DevOP stacks – monitoring/system management tools (Prometheus, Ansible, ELK, …)
- Version control using git
with subject "Database Support Engineer"
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.