Data Center Network Engineer
I am Darius Teišerskis, a Team Manager of the Network Projects Unit at Telia Lietuva. Our team is responsible for supporting and maintaining Telia Lietuva internal and commercial clients' data center networks. Telia Lietuva has multiple modern data centers that meet the highest security requirements and provides IT services for many well-known Lithuanian companies. We are looking for a new knowledgeable and experienced Data Centers Network Project team member.
Your next challenge?
As a data center network engineer, you will join a team of network professionals, where you will be responsible for maintaining stable, reliable, and secure data center network services, their development, and their improvement. You will be participating in interesting and challenging IT projects, where you will help with network design preparation, following the implementation and maintenance of both Telia's Internal and commercial clients' network infrastructure.
By working with traditional and modern network architectures, you will have close cooperation with the network architects team who help with the preparation of the best network solutions. At the same time, a collaboration between such teams as the Level 1 network team which implements standard network tasks, and teams like Virtualization & Clouds, Linux, Windows, Application, Backup, as well as other teams will be a part of your daily job. Thus, you will have an opportunity to not only learn from highly skilled colleagues but also to share your own knowledge and experience.
Who are you?
A team member who is knowledgeable and experienced in network security, IP networking, network design, and the implementation of secure networks. A professional who is able to resolve complex network issues in production and customer environments and, at the same time, to work closely with other team members and different teams in the organization. A person who is a high performer and results-oriented takes quality first and understands the importance of network documentation.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 3K/5K/9K
- Great knowledge of dynamic routing protocols: OSPF, BGP
- Solid understanding of NGFW firewalls (Paloalto, Fortigate, Checkpoint)
- Solid understanding of IP networking, L2/L3 network protocols, TCP/IP, VLAN, VRRP, LACP, MC-LAG, EVPN with VXLAN, DHCP, DNS
- Good understanding of Application Delivery Controller (F5)
- Experience with HPE Comware 5/7
- Excellent analytical skills to troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Not required, but it’s an advantage if you are experienced with:
- Network automatization for infrastructure deployment
- Python programming
- VMware NSX-V/NSX-T technologies
- Experience in public cloud network technologies
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Great time management skills
- Strong goal-oriented mindset and focus on high quality
- Strong sense of ownership of the network
- Proactive problem solver
What will you find at our home?
We believe that people thrive in a purpose-driven and values-oriented culture. You will be part of an exciting journey to shape the New Generation Telco and we promise to help you grow, both professionally and personally. We believe in self-leadership, where you take responsibility for expressing yourself and achieving great results. IT & telecommunications is not just our business, it’s our passion. You will join a winning team, work with talented people and help create ideas and solutions for efficient business and better lives.
We offer a monthly base salary from 3165 Eur gross to 4748 Eur gross plus annual bonuses which vary, depending on your competencies and your and Telia results. We offer a fixed - term contract (1 year) signing with our partner "Headex" company. Besides, for each employee, Telia has an additional employee benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance and pension plan
- Various Telia and partners discounts and offers
- Additional vacation days
- Flexibility that enables work-life balance
- Chance to grow both personally and professionally with our internal programs
- Open, relaxed and fun working environment
- 20 000+ awesome colleagues across Nordic & Baltics
If you are interested in joining our team – we are waiting for your CV! If you need to know more, e-mail me at [email protected]
Welcome to Telia – Home to your next big opportunity!Required controls will be performed.