Engineering Team Lead (Online Checkout- Integrations)
kevin. is different. While everyone was talking about a payments revolution, we hit reset. We’re rebuilding financial transactions from scratch. So they’re faster, more efficient, and more secure for everyone. Our global team of experts has already made first-of-a-kind breakthroughs, creating account-to-account payments in-app and in-store. But we’re just getting started. We need driven people who see, show, and build different because it’s time to scale up. So, if you want a fast, fresh, and flexible place to grow, be bold. Join kevin.
Besides being a mentor and a leader, you will also solve technical design issues, drive weekly planning processes together with product owners, collaborate with the team to create and maintain features. You will have full freedom to choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage the risk. You will work hand-in-hand with other stakeholders to identify requirements, plan milestones and ensure a seamless state of the art level product development.
As our new Engineering Team Lead the key objective is to enable the team to effectively deliver business value. This is usually done by:
- Collaborating with the product owner on planning the product roadmap.
- Guiding the team whenever necessary on smooth technical implementation.
- Ensuring that a technical roadmap is in place and being followed, and technical debt is being managed.
- Identifying any problems or bottlenecks, whether they're related to processes, products, or specific people, and taking actions to solve those.
- Mentoring, supporting, and reviewing team members through 1:1s, as well as performance and salary reviews.
- Building and scaling the team by participating in recruitment and onboarding.
What you need to be successful:
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience building high performing teams and leading engineers
- Have previous software development experience in at least as a senior software engineer level
- Have previous experience with plugins (nice to have), Java and/or PhP
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Leadership & team player mentality
- Great conflict resolution and communication skills on both technical and management levels
- Are not afraid to take initiative and break walls in the process
- Are a goal oriented and result driven professional
We don’t expect the Team Lead to write code because there usually are better ways to help the team. However, we still expect Team Leads to be highly technical people, whom are able to make decisions whenever needed.
We only hire the very best talent from across Europe and beyond. It’s a competitive landscape so our salaries and benefits are equally competitive. Our comprehensive benchmarking means our renumeration for this role ranges from €7710 to €9430, based on your experience and competence, but if you’ve got something extra-special to bring to the table, let’s talk!
- Private Health Insurance.
- Flexible working schedule – just bring us the results on time.
- Freedom to create, innovate, and make impactful decisions with full ownership of your tasks and decisions.
- The latest Apple MacBook and accessories to help you deliver great results.
- Work with talented and committed team members who are the best in their field, from across Europe.
kevin.’s advanced A2A (account-to-account) payment infrastructure solution was created to swiftly change costly card payments to payments linked directly from customers’ bank accounts without using any third-party providers. kevin.’s technology scales to businesses of any size and across industries, including retail, parking, fashion, car-sharing, deliveries, insurance and many more. kevin. focuses on mobile and POS payments where customers predominantly pay using cards currently. Its payment infrastructure is based on open banking – regulated by the European PSD2 Directive – which requires all banks and financial institutions in the European Economic Area to open their API for licensed third-party providers. kevin. develops only own connections to the banks without using any third-party aggregators.
Currently, the Company supports more than 6,000 merchants in 15 markets, including Sweden, Finland, Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Baltics and Portugal, where the company has a coverage of more than 85% of bank customers. kevin. has a team of more than 300 employees in 20 countries and plans to expand its workforce to 1000 employees by 2024.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.