Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
We are creating a new unit called the Data Analytics Hub at Telia Global Services Lithuania. The team will consist of platform engineers, data engineers, data analysts, and developers, who will learn together, support one another, and collaborate closely with the Telia Company Analytics unit. Our goal is to build exceptional data and analytical products for customers across all countries of Telia Company.
I am Šarūnas Stanius, Head of Data Engineering, and I am seeking team members who are eager to help create this new unit together.
Do you have solid data engineering experience and are you ready to take on new challenges by moving to a Lead role at Telia Company?
Is this your next opportunity?
At Telia Company, you will help us create true business value through data and analytics, making Telia Company a more data-driven organization. To achieve this, we need to shorten the time to insight and build even more amazing data products.
We work together in cross-functional, domain-oriented, Agile DevOps teams building analytical solutions for areas such as TV & Media, Crowd Insights, Telia Finance, Connectivity, and Networks.
Is this you?
To thrive in our team, you need to have strong technical skills and be a team player. You should have a desire to continuously learn and improve, and be unafraid to challenge current methods. You should enjoy coding and set high software engineering standards. Additionally, you should be able to think long-term and design sustainable data pipeline architectures.
- Eager and enthusiastic about learning new skills and technologies, and actively seeking out opportunities to do so
- Collaborative problem solver, with a track record of working effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver value to users
- Able to balance competing priorities and make informed decisions about speed, quality, and value
- Strong communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data, ETL tools, and Spark, with proficiency in programming languages such as Scala and SQL
- Proven ability to design and implement efficient and scalable data pipelines for cleaning, transforming, and loading data
- Familiarity with various forms of storage (e.g., HDFS, Object Storage, S3) and data formats (e.g., AVRO, Parquet, JSON, XML)
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools such as Airflow and Github, as well as cloud technologies like AWS
- Exposure to Data Modelling techniques and databases, with knowledge of data governance and BI presentation as a bonus
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design principles, with a history of supporting and mentoring other data engineers
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices and leading data engineering technologies
What will you find at our home?
We believe that people thrive in a purpose driven and values-oriented culture. Welcome to Telia the home to your next big opportunity. You will be part of an exciting journey to shape the New Generation Telco and we promise to help you grow, both professionally and personally. We believe in self-leadership where you take responsibility for expressing yourself and achieving great results. IT & telecommunications is not just our business, it’s our passion. You will join a winning team, to work with talented people and help create ideas and solutions for efficient business and better lives.
Working in this position you will receive a base salary from 3855 Eur (gross) to 5782 Eur (gross) plus annual bonuses which vary, depending on your competencies and your and Telia results. Besides for each employee Telia has additional employee benefits package which includes:
- Health insurance and pension plan;
- Various Telia and partners discounts and offers;
- Additional vacation days;
- Flexibility that enables work-life balance;
- Chance to grow both personally and professionally with our internal programs;
- Open, relaxed and fun working environment;
- 19 000 awesome colleagues across Nordic & Baltics.
New ways of working. We really care about people, so in response to the current situations in the country we will invite selected candidates to virtual interviews. We are also ready to fulfill all the necessary conditions to ensure successful work from home, including a technical gear delivery, onboarding process, trainings and more.
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
If you fancy joining my team, apply for the job! If you require any further information, feel free to connect with me at or LinkedIn.
In the last steps, the required controls will be performed.
Welcome to Telia - let's make better happen!