Strategic Staffing Solutions International client is the cloud services provider of choice for the world’s leading IT organizations. They are the enterprise-class cloud company trusted by businesses and organizations globally to transform and move their mission-critical applications to the cloud. Currently, the company is looking for:
Principle SRE (I9)
Our Monitoring SRE team ensures that our internal customers have the monitoring capabilities they need to ensure platform stability, and to provide high quality monitoring services as part our managed services offerings to customers. We develop a mix of extensions for commercial and open source products, as well as development of new products and custom solutions.
- Design, build, and operate a global compute platform and related services
- Develop solutions for service monitoring, automated remediation, measuring availability and reliability, performance, analytics and security
- Design services and libraries on top of traditional VMware environments.
- Maintaining environment state with the use of configuration tools and event driven automation
- Participate in collaborative projects with software engineering teams
- Advise management on service onboarding strategies and execution
- Participate in troubleshooting, capacity planning and analysis, performance analysis activities.
- Part of a 24x7 service watch rotation team
- Experience engineering, operating, troubleshooting, administering and scaling platform services with code
- Production experience using configuration management tools (eg Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet, Chef)
- Proficiency implementing and maintaining continuous integration and delivery workflows.
- Operational experience with datacenter storage platforms (eg vSAN, Ceph, fibre channel, iSCSI, NFS)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting production virtualization environments at scale
- Experience managing Unix/Linux systems in production
- A tenacious ability to diagnose and fix performance and reliability problems.
- Experience in VMware products, specifically cloud related solutions such as: vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, vSAN, NSX or contending cloud solutions and products.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery services such as VMware SRM
- 3+ year Experience as DevOps, Operations Engineer, or SRE (development for large online services)
- 3+ year Experience building and operating highly available and scalable infrastructure solutions
- Experience working in distributed, remote teams across multiple time zones a plus Ability to travel for team meetings.
Please send your application to BDedinaite@strategicstaff.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.