Software Developer (PHP)
My name is Jari-Pekka Eronen, and I am leading a Software Development team in Telia. Strong engagement with our business stakeholders is the key to secure best in class performance. We are an easy-going group of people always ready to innovate better solutions and happy to welcome new colleagues. Now we would like YOU to join our team as a Software Developer to join our team. Your location will be in in Lithuania. We offer great and flexible possibilities for remote working as well.
Is this your next opportunity?
Telia is on a journey to become the New Generation Telco, and our SW development team plays a big role in that journey. We at Telia are all about making a difference. And your contribution counts.
As a Software Developer, you will be part of our motivated team with a great spirit and open work culture. One key factor for motivation are diverse roles and skill sets needed on daily basis, and opportunities to learn about the business. You get to work in a multinational business environment, and you will be able to meet people of different nationalities.
In this role, you will have a significant role in the development and improvement of platform integrations and system user interfaces. You will also be implementing and maintaining fully automated real-time payment integrations for various markets. Meanwhile, you will learn a lot about creating and running a cost-effective hosting, domains, and DNS business. The only thing missing is you. Join our journey!
As a back-end developer you will:
- Work in an international team of highly motivated professionals
- Deliver scalable, testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Solve complicated business cases with assistance from experienced colleagues.
- Collaborate closely with PO, DevOps Engineers, and other team members.
- As well you will be working with these technologies:
- PHP, Python, Typescript, Git
- APIs: Json, XML, and REST API
- MariaDB, Bash, SQL
Is this you?
You are familiar of Linux based development environments, understand fundamentals of integrations, and you handle diverse ICT landscape. You already have technical competency to succeed in the role, but also have desire to deepen the skills, and grow in the subject matter and the business side of the role.
- Team player
- Independent and know that success is guaranteed with self-leadership
- Easy communicator
- Fluent English speaker and good communicator
- At least 3+ years of previous development experience with PHP (good if you worked with Python also)
- Experience working with API’s
- Ability to work with databases (MariaDB or any other)
We see as a benefit for you, if you also have some experiences of following areas:
- DevOps, Agile development methods and practices
- Software Security (OWASP), Jira, Tomcat, Linux
- Understanding about DNS, DNSSEC
What will you find at our home?
We believe that people thrive in a purpose-driven and values-oriented culture. You will be part of an exciting journey to shape the New Generation Telco and we promise to help you grow, both professionally and personally. We believe in self-leadership where you take responsibility for expressing yourself and achieving great results. IT & Telecommunications is not just our business, it’s our passion. You will join a winning team, to work with talented people and help create ideas and solutions for efficient business and better lives. Working in this position you will receive a base salary from 3 165 Eur to 4 748 Eur/month (gross). Plus, annual bonuses which vary, depending on your competencies and your and Telia results. Besides for each employee Telia has additional employee benefits package which includes:
- Health insurance and pension plan
- Various Telia and partners discounts and offers
- Additional vacation days
- Flexibility that enables work-life balance
- Chance to grow both personally and professionally with our internal programs
- Open, relaxed and fun working environment
- +19 000 awesome colleagues across Nordic & Baltics
It’s more than just a job!
With us, you will find a place in our easy-going and modern work community where you can develop your skills in our diverse and positively challenging environment. We like to come to work, and we promise to do our best to keep you comfortable. You will have the opportunity to influence our policies and improve our services. To be able to succeed in this position we offer you comprehensive onboarding, up-to-date tools, extensive occupational health care, and other great benefits.
If you think you might be a good fit and want to join my team, apply for the job!
If you want to know more about the job, you are welcome to contact me at [email protected].
We look forward to receiving your application and to make sure that your personal data is kept safely, we kindly ask you to apply through our recruitment system. We are not able to handle resumes via e-mail or equivalent. Selection will take place on an ongoing basis and this position might be filled before the application deadline. In the last steps required controls will be performed.
Welcome to Telia – Let’s make better happen!