Established in 1972, Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic business research and analysis. In addition to our Head office in London, we have offices in 14 other countries with over 1,200 staff, and a further 1000 contributing analysts in over 80 countries around the world. As an independent company and recognised innovator, consistently out-performing our peers, we were the UK Private Company of the Year 2013 and in 2014 won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
Business Analysts are expected to have excellent communication skills and organisational skills, have the ability to understand, gather and analyse business requirements and translate these into user stories, project specifications, and supporting artefacts. They should have fantastic attention to detail. The Business Analyst will collaborate with other Business Analysts, Project Managers, Director of Data Strategy and other key stakeholders at all levels across the company. They may be expected to work across a range of bespoke Euromonitor applications and websites.
We are currently looking for two new Business Analysts to work on some exciting projects around big data, and machine learning, and other technical deliveries.
- Bridge the gap between Technology and the business, translating complex business needs into technical requirements.
- Gather, understand and analyse business problems using meetings, interviews, existing document analysis, workshops, surveys and other initiatives. From this understanding, write clear high-quality requirements.
- Write clear acceptance criteria and work with QA and/or Data Testing team to ensure that products and projects meet requirements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish business requests from underlying needs and problems.
- Be involved in testing and release preparation for product releases or projects.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and end users, analyse and identify functional and non-functional requirements.
- Build and maintain documentation for end users, or identify key stakeholders who can do this, to ensure that all users have the information they need to use the systems we provide.
- Provide second / third line support on relevant products or projects, engaging with clients and/or colleagues to understand issues and take necessary steps towards fixing them.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret complex business needs and translate these into requirements
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with ability to engage confidently with stakeholders and end users and clearly communicate complex ideas both to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- High level of numeracy and computer literacy – including strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with some of the technology around big data, ontology, machine learning, analytics and web scraping
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Experience using SCRUM Agile methodology beneficial
- Experience writing Product Backlog Items/User Stories, Acceptance Criteria and create artefacts incl. Wireframes, Process and Flow charts, Technical specifications beneficial
- Experience using Team Foundation Server helpful
- Background in software development or SQL knowledge beneficial
Email your CV and cover letter in English to VilniusRecruitment@euromonitor.com Application deadline is 28th February, 2018.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only successful candidates will be notified.