You see yourself as a software engineer who works with mission-critical backend systems that are built to last for many years?
You are more focused on complexity, reliability and solution quality as opposed to simply using the latest technology for the sake of the buzz?
You understand why 96 of the world’s 100 largest banks use Mainframe technologies and why reliability matters in high volume transaction systems?
Then join Danske Bank Group IT Lithuania (DGITL)!
Strategic Staffing Solutions International client Danske Bank Group IT Lithuania (DGITL) is a part of an organization, which delivers world-class digital financial solutions to customers. DGITL is newly established IT site operating from the end of 2014 but it is already the fastest growing IT organization in Lithuanian market. We have an understanding that the current change is Technology-driven, and we prioritize IT as a key component for success in our journey to drive digital disruption in the bank.
DGITL teams work with complex tech challenges and develop Danske Bank’s global competitive edge on innovative digital solutions. Teams are driven by job content and shared ownership of strategic services, they own service strategy and lead improvement. One more important feature – senior leadership is present on site.
Software Engineer in Real Estate Finance
In Real Estate Finance we are developing and maintaining Denmark’s real estate mortgage loans from start to end and have a system portfolio of more than 100 IT systems with millions lines of code. We are a part of a large business and focus on delivering quality solutions with no business disruption.
Global team is based across 3 locations - Denmark, India and Lithuania. The department in Lithuania has 20+ colleagues. Most of them are software engineers and business analysts working on projects and problem management.
As a team, we value and respect each other. We work hard and have fun. We make each other better.
We build our systems on IBM Mainframe, since they have proven to be solid and able to handle large number of transactions and data.
You will be working with IBM Rational Tools on mortgage loan systems mainly based on Mainframe: DB2®, COBOL, CICS® and Enterprise Generation Language (EGL). We also use Atlassian tools and Java on Mainframe. Technical experience with any of the technologies mentioned above is not a requirement – we are looking for engineers who can understand and develop solid solutions and work with legacy systems - we will train the specific language skills.
If you are unfamiliar with Mainframe, rest assured that this is one of the most secure backend development career paths that will stay on high demand wherever you are in Lithuania or Worldwide: 96 of the world’s top 100 banks, 23 of the 25 top retailers, and 9 out of 10 of the world’s largest insurance companies run Mainframes.
- Seventy-one percent of global Fortune 500 companies use Mainframes.
- Mainframes process roughly 30 billion business transactions per day, including most major credit card transactions and stock trades, money transfers, manufacturing processes, and ERP systems.
An extensive training program will ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor degree, preferable in IT field
- Willingness to learn new programming languages, tools and processes
- Team player
- English language skills
- Experience in mainframe technologies (Advantage)
- An inspiring environment in a large IT organization
- A perfect opportunity to join an IT team and face the challenge and the opportunity to influence and shape the team in Vilnius
- Work in an international team, which concentrates on innovative business facing solutions
- An extensive training program to ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis
- Highly skilled team and career opportunities Cross business career opportunities in the bank
Please send your application to cvLT@strategicstaff.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.