Head of Design
kevin. is a startup with a bright present and even brighter future. Here we dream big, and then we commit to making those dreams come true. We have already built things that were never built before - in-app payments, card redirect, and there is more to come.
How did we manage that? By hiring people that are talented, driven, ambitious. Our company provides an environment where people like that can flourish - they can learn, explore, innovate. And they do just that!
So come join us and add rocket fuel to your career! kevin. is a great place to explore paths that were not explored before, and actually make impactful decisions.
Head of Design is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output. It's a leadership role, with accountability for online and offline design output and success of the design and creative department. You will ensure the design and creative deliverables are aligned to stakeholder expectations and executed within budget and deadlines.
At times, we require you to develop visual designs, and at other times, be responsible for recruiting and managing multi-disciplinary third party suppliers as well as internal design resources. It will involve you using your best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve the efficiency of the design and creative department.
As our new Head of Design, you will:
- Manage the design team and freelancers as required and help develop our people.
- Influence design-led thinking across the business.
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs.
- Take a lead role in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact for brand partnerships and creative projects.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand and proposition strategy.
- Develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team’s
- production capabilities.
- Ensure that design and creative projects are delivered on time.
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production.
- Establish and develop best practice with the design and creative team.
- Work with other team members to deliver projects and activity to deliver against
- Be a point of contact for liaising with external partners, such as videographers.
- Build out and maintain design system & brand book.
- Work on assets required for Product and Marketing teams.
What you need to be successful:
- Proven experience in delivering design projects from concept to completion in an agile environment, leading and coaching high performing teams of designers.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work.
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process.
- Experience with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Attention to details with a strong sense of ownership.
- Understanding of both web and traditional media.
- Prior experience working with Product and Marketing teams, as well as experience in branding.
We don’t play games when it comes to compensation packages and benefits for our employees. Our remuneration ranges from €6000 to €15000, based on your experience and competence. We not only provide competitive salaries, but we also offer several extra benefits, such as short- and long-term incentives, private health insurance, and much more. So if you’re looking for stability and comfort with a bit of excitement sprinkled in here and there, then kevin. is the place for you!
What will you get in addition:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible salary payments - pick if you want to get your salary weekly, monthly or twice a month (applicable only for Lithuania based employees).
- Freedom to create, innovate, and make impactful decisions.
- Freelancer’s working schedule – just bring us the result on time.*
- Choose where to work from: our offices, your home, a little cabin in the woods, the beach - you get the point - just be reachable and do your job.*
- Talented and committed team members - the best of their fields.
- Full ownership of your tasks and decisions.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Full compliance with local law requirements and labour code.
*Expectations on location may apply depending on role and seniority
kevin.’s advanced A2A (account-to-account) payment infrastructure solution was created to swiftly change costly card payments to payments linked directly from customers’ bank accounts without using any third-party providers. kevin.’s technology scales to businesses of any size and across industries, including retail, parking, fashion, car-sharing, deliveries, insurance and many more. kevin. focuses on mobile and POS payments where customers predominantly pay using cards currently. Its payment infrastructure is based on open banking – regulated by the European PSD2 Directive – which requires all banks and financial institutions in the European Economic Area to open their API for licensed third-party providers. kevin. develops only own connections to the banks without using any third-party aggregators.
Currently, the Company supports more than 6,000 merchants in 15 markets, including Sweden, Finland, Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Baltics and Portugal, where the company has a coverage of more than 85% of bank customers. The firm’s services will be available in 28 European Economic Area (EEA) countries by the end of 2022. kevin. has a team of more than 220 employees in 20 countries and it plans to expand its workforce to beyond 350 employees in 2022.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.