Senior Legal Counsel (POS Product)
kevin. is different. While everyone was talking about a payments revolution, we hit reset. We’re rebuilding financial transactions from scratch. So they’re faster, more efficient, and more secure for everyone. Our global team of experts has already made first-of-a-kind breakthroughs, creating account-to-account payments in-app and in-store. But we’re just getting started. We need driven people who see, show, and build different because it’s time to scale up. So, if you want a fast, fresh, and flexible place to grow, be bold. Join kevin.
As our new Senior Legal Counsel, you will:
be a part of the Financial Products & Partnerships Legal Team and will work with the most innovative kevin.'s POS product, specifically:
- Supervise kevin.'s partnerships with POS processors, acquirers, merchants, other partners and clients to ensure a proper legal framework is implemented.
- Ensure all the necessary agreements regarding kevin.'s POS product are prepared and/or improved to make them a top-legal document, which ensures a flawless signing process.
- Be an integral part of the product and commercial teams and negotiate contracts with the strategic partners and clients regarding kevin.'s POS product.
- Ensure and be a decision maker whether kevin.'s POS product is compliant with the legal framework applicable to payment services and payment schemes.
- Monitor the changes of legal environment and provide full support to other team members or teams regarding regulation related to kevin.'s POS product.
- Represent kevin. interests in negotiations with the strategic partners and clients, as well as with the ASPSP's in order to improve kevin.'s POS product.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years' of experience in business related legal work.
- 3+ years' of experience in financial services industry.
- Significant experience in POS Acquiring or Payments Industry, providing product legal advice for payment cards, payments systems, payment schemes, and other related services.
- Significant experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, with strong intellectual property law and technology transactions background preferred.
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the POS space, including but not limited to intellectual property law and IT law.
- Being proactive in identifying organisational needs, a self-starter, with a desire to work in a fast-paced start up environment.
- Strong computer literacy including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);.
- Master's degree in Law.
We only hire the very best talent from across Europe and beyond. It’s a competitive landscape so our salaries and benefits are equally competitive. Our comprehensive benchmarking means our renumeration for this role ranges from €4430 to €5430, based on your experience and competence, but if you’ve got something extra-special to bring to the table, let’s talk!
- Private Health Insurance.
- Flexible working schedule – just bring us the results on time.
- Freedom to create, innovate, and make impactful decisions with full ownership of your tasks and decisions.
- The latest Apple MacBook and accessories to help you deliver great results.
- Work with talented and committed team members who are the best in their field, from across Europe.
kevin.’s advanced A2A (account-to-account) payment infrastructure solution was created to swiftly change costly card payments to payments linked directly from customers’ bank accounts without using any third-party providers. kevin.’s technology scales to businesses of any size and across industries, including retail, parking, fashion, car-sharing, deliveries, insurance and many more. kevin. focuses on mobile and POS payments where customers predominantly pay using cards currently. Its payment infrastructure is based on open banking – regulated by the European PSD2 Directive – which requires all banks and financial institutions in the European Economic Area to open their API for licensed third-party providers. kevin. develops only own connections to the banks without using any third-party aggregators.
Currently, the Company supports more than 6,000 merchants in 15 markets, including Sweden, Finland, Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Baltics and Portugal, where the company has a coverage of more than 85% of bank customers. kevin. has a team of more than 300 employees in 20 countries and plans to expand its workforce to 1000 employees by 2024.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.