Senior Consultant in Sustainability and ESG
- Working effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior members on progress;
- Understanding our client requirements, co-developing our approach with the client, and providing value to our clients through insights, factual conclusions and advice;
- Understand, manipulate and interpret financial and non-financial data and client information, drawing appropriate conclusions;
- Carry out relevant analysis and present your findings (both written and orally);
- Gathering, verifying and analysing information to formulate views;
- Day to day progression of assignments to include; planning, preparing and reviewing various forms of deliverables to include reports and presentations;
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate;
- Working closely with colleagues you will ensure that work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines;
- Actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening your internal and external relationships;
- Maintaining and constantly upgrading technical knowledge and personal skills.
- 1 or more years of related work experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills and client focus are important, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates organization and self-management skills;
- Pro-actively manage own development.
- Demonstratable experience with risk assessments associated with sustainability and ESG reporting standards;
- Strong understanding of sustainability reporting standards and associated implementation challenge;
- Strong understanding of the risk and control internal audit function for business clients and the factors to be considered in addressing sustainability reporting risks in that environment;
- Experience supporting government and/or business to implement risk and control protocols to enhance trust functions and promote reliability of reported results;
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to help multi-stakeholders to appreciate the “so what” of enhanced risk and control requirements associated with sustainability and ESG, with an ability to link this to current and future anticipated standards and stakeholder expectations;
- Experience and understanding of science-based targets, TCFD and other reporting frameworks a plus;
- Highly numerate with a sound grasp of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.