R&D Manager, LCMS
- Recruit, hire and manage scientists who will be performing testing and application execution on Thermo Fisher Scientific LCMS platforms.
- Manage duties and priorities of scientific team to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Manage laboratory equipment: purchasing, ordering, maintaining and managing of assets.
- Laboratory duties, including operation of Triple Quadrupole, Ion Trap and Orbitrap Hybrid LCMS platforms and training of scientist in their use in support of product development and application execution.
- Familiarity with applications in all markets with Thermo Fisher Scientific`s LCMS instruments.
- BS/MS/Ph.D degree in Science (chemistry, biology or related discipline).
- 5-10 years work experience, including degree studies, with solid hands-on LCMS background.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of LC and MS instrumentation.
- Expertise in small molecules or omics method and applications development.
- Strong domain knowledge of the one or more of Proteomics, Lipidomics, Pharma/Biopharma, Clinical or Food & Environmental analytical industries.
- Experience in designing, developing and/or evaluating MS hardware (preferred).
- Experience in performing and/or validating applications on LCMS platforms (preferred).
- Familiarity with basic programing skills or use of scripting language(s).
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-disciplinary matrix managed environment.
- Ability to present results in a public forum.
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instruments, and software.
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal skills.
- Ability to plan and execute activities with a strong sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Strong ability to form relationships with Product and Vertical Marketing.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Ability to travel 10-15% annually globally.
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- Monthly salary 2300 - 3500 EUR brutto and additional motivation package.
with subject "R&D Manager, LCMS"
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.