Experienced Data Engineer in Super AI
We are on a growth journey and looking for colleagues to join us in our mission to build data science products to uncover and harness the value in our data and enhance decision-making at Danske Bank. As a Centre of Excellence, we deliver a positive societal impact with the help of data science, uncovering and preventing money laundering and other financial crimes, ensuring Danske Bank has a real-time data-driven understanding of the risks it takes on, and supporting academic research to further data science efforts within the financial sector.
Our department of 40+ employees masters the entire model life cycle, from model design to developing robust solutions in Python using best practices from software engineering to maintenance and monitoring to ensure our models remain relevant and performant. To enable this, Super AI’s data engineering chapter stores, curates, and exposes big data. This is done in collaboration with other teams across the bank to understand the bank’s data value chain and the end-to-end journey of our big data.
We aim to build a culture that is open and collaborative, where team members come to work to have fun with colleagues while delivering impactful solutions for Danske Bank and society. You will be joining an international team located between Copenhagen and Vilnius. Therefore, solid English skills are a necessity for this role.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Danske Bank, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Depending on your experience and knowledge, we may offer you different seniority of the role.
- Develop sustainable, efficient, and scalable data pipelines for both batch and real-time that meet best practices and are always monitored
- Be a point of reference for Data Engineering topics in projects and collaborate on project tasks related to data to assist in developing production-ready, scalable models and applications
- Integrate, explore, and aggregate the data. This includes data cleaning, data massage, error removal, and schema change
- Develop a good understanding of data lake architecture and the banks’ data storage (Hadoop, SQL, cloud, etc.)
- Develop a good understanding of the banks’ data to take proactive action on data abnormalities and monitoring cases, as well as user misunderstandings of exposed data
- Co-develop and document standards for the best practices and processes required as part of data engineering
- Populate and maintain a feature store and data dashboard
- At least 5 years of experience in SQL, Spark, or Python (C# would be beneficial)
- Proven expertise in end-to-end data pipelines
- Knowledge of data engineering tool stacks and feeling comfortable exploring and using new technologies and methods to find the best fit
- Have an interest in and experience with Data Science and ML
- Curious and tenacious problem-solving while keeping a result-oriented, holistic view
- Establish sustainable solutions with low technical debt and understand when to automate or simplify
- Take ownership while being mindful of stakeholders and maintaining clear communication
- Upper-Intermediate English language skills
- Higher education in mathematics, engineering, computer science, physics, or similar
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4800 EUR to 7200 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be Data Scientist, Principal.