Senior Software Engineer (Java) in Core Payments Tribe
We are looking for additional team members in our agile squads where we are creating a new Cloud payment engine, employing modern technical standards to drive efficiency, transparency and consistency in processing payment instructions for people and corporate customers.
You will be working together with friendly, proactive and competent IT Engineers, Business Analysts, Architects and other colleagues in an empowered self-driven team which takes agile mindset seriously and have a freedom to make and own decisions to innovate in developing its products.
- Design and develop cloud-native systems which are at the heart of a major Nordic financial institution
- Continuously develop yourself, team’s capabilities and ways of working
- Leverage technical freedom, make and own decisions to foster innovation and reliable deliveries
- Work with Java, Kafka, gRPC, REST, NoSQL and classic databases, Kubernetes, other cloud-native products and innovative collaboration systems
- Closely collaborate with business users and different teams inside the bank
- Be agile and proactive, spread this mindset among the team and in daily work
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member who is excited about engineering and has a personal interest in IT. Your willingness to grow professionally is the most important competence you bring.
To be more precise, we expect that you have:
- Strong proficiency in Java and tools supporting Java development
- Experience in design, development, and test automation of cloud-native systems
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility to lead deliveries in a structured manner
- Experience in establishing and improving engineering practices, developing team’s competencies
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka, MQ
- Knowledge of integration patterns and their implications
- Positive attitude, ability and motivation to learn
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate skills in verbal and written English
We are working with different tools, technologies, and platforms, so having some knowledge or experience with any of these would be useful:
- gRPC, Elasticsearch and other NoSQL data stores
- Design and optimization of relational or non-relational databases
We will ensure that exact salary offered for you will be based on your qualifications, competencies, professional experience and requirements for the corresponding job function (salary range from 4320 EUR to 6480 EUR gross EUR/monthly).
Your title in job contract will be IT Software Engineer (Cloud Specialist), Senior.