- Validation Scientist will be a high performing, dynamic individual who will be part of the LSMS Research and Development (R&D) group in Vilnius. You will be responsible for verification and validation of cutting-edge products within various Product Development groups, particularly focused LCMS applications using the triple quadrupole, ion trap and hybrid-orbitrap based instruments. The position will require interaction with various groups within the company, including global demo centres, Product Marketing, Vertical Marketing, commercial teams, as well as Research and Development.
- Work with product marketing and scientists to evaluate product requirements through development, execution and documentation all verification and validation activities.
- Laboratory duties, including sample preparation, development and execution of new and existing test protocols on LCMS instruments at conventional and nano flow rates, interpretation and reporting of results.
- Lead verification and validation activities on various hardware and software platforms in support of Thermo Fisher Scientific`s new product introduction.
- Familiarity with applications in all markets with Thermo Fisher Scientific`s LCMS instruments
- BS/MS/Ph.D degree in Science (chemistry, biology or related discipline).
- Solid understanding of both LC and MS instrumentation. Must be comfortable discussing the components of a mass spectrometer, aspects of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometer ionization sources and their impact on an application.
- Work experience, including degree studies, with solid hands-on LCMS background and expertise in small molecules or omics method and applications development
- Good knowledge of the one or more of Proteomics, Lipidomics, Pharma/Biopharma, Clinical or Food & Environmental analytical industries
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary matrix managed environment
- Ability to travel 10-15% annually globally
- Fluent English and Lithuanian language
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing and/or validating applications on LCMS platforms.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instruments, and software
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal skills
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- Monthly salary 1500-2600 eur (brutto) and additional benefits package.
with subject "Validation Scientist"