Strategic Staffing Solutions International client Danske Bank Group IT Lithuania (DGITL) is a part of an organization, which delivers world-class digital financial solutions to customers. DGITL is newly established IT site operating from the end of 2014 but it is already the fastest growing IT organization in Lithuanian market. We have an understanding that the current change is Technology-driven, and we prioritize IT as a key component for success in our journey to drive digital disruption in the bank.
DGITL teams work with complex tech challenges and develop Danske Bank’s global competitive edge on innovative digital solutions. Teams are driven by job content and shared ownership of strategic services, they own service strategy and lead improvement. One more important feature – senior leadership is present on site.
Senior Software Engineer (.NET) in Markets IT
Do you want to be part of something new and exciting? We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help us reach the next level. We are changing our application landscape and technology stack from being based on tightly coupled architecture towards a de-coupled architecture building micro-services using the latest and proven technologies.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Back Office IT you will be developing solutions for derivatives trading in Danske Bank Corporates & Institutions ranging from risk management to accounting and trade documentation to our clients. We work in a highly competitive market with growing legal requirements increasing the need for IT applications for trading and also increasing the focus on time to market.
Team and Department
In OTC & FX Execution we are currently 8 developers in our Copenhagen office and 6 developers in our Aarhus office. The working language is English. We are looking for 4 developers to be based in Vilnius and who will work in 2 co-located teams.
We have started our agile journey working by the Scrum framework in close cooperation with our business partners. We are deploying value adding software to production several times a week. We expect you to be ready to take part of our agile journey and help us increase our maturity level. Also, we have a respectful social environment allowing us to challenge each other so that we can build solutions we are proud of. In the team we focus on producing high quality software that follows the principles of Clean Code and you will have ample opportunity to contribute in day-to-day design discussions.
What we expect from you:
- A desire to understand the business – why we do what we do and what value the business and our customers gain from the lines of code you write.
- Boldness. You are not afraid to challenge the ideas of highly experienced business people and engineers, but take pride in new ways of thinking.
- You are able to accommodate the complexities that sometimes makes the dream scenario difficult to reach.
- Excellent coding abilities. You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language and preferably, you are familiar with a functional language. Our language is .NET C#.
- Architecture skills. You are familiar with micro-services and are aware of what you can gain from them as well as pitfalls.
- Passion. You feel ownership of everything you deploy and what makes your day is our business and customers getting full value of what you do.
Who you are:
You are a software engineer who has a proven track record of working with modern technologies in C#. We expect you to have
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a developer
- Superior development skills in C#.
- Database development in SQL server
- Strong design knowledge on how to build robust and extensible solutions
- Practical approach towards test. Experience with TDD or BDD is an advantage
- Strong communications skills to come to the right solutions together with our business partners
- Experience with working in agile teams
- An inspiring environment in a large IT organization
- A perfect opportunity to join an IT team and face the challenge and the opportunity to influence and shape the organization
- Work in an international team, which concentrates on innovative business facing solutions
- An extensive learning opportunities to ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis
- Highly skilled team and career opportunities
- Cross business career opportunities in bank
Only selected candidates will be contacted.