Senior data engineer
Senior data engineer
We are creating new unit called Data Analytics Hub in Telia Global Services Lithuania which will consist of platform engineers, data engineers, data analysts and developers. Team members of this Hub will learn together, support each other, and will be strongly integrated into Telia Company Analytics unit to build awesome data and analytical products for customers across all countries of Telia Company.
I’m Šarūnas Stanius, Head of Data Engineering and looking for team members who are eager to create new unit together.
Do you already have solid data engineering experience and ready for new challenges moving to senior role at Telia Company?
Is this your next opportunity?
At Telia Company you will help us to create true business value through data and analytics and make Telia Company a more data-driven organization. To succeed, we need to shorten time to insight and build even more amazing data products.
We work together in different cross-functional, domain-oriented agile DevOps teams building analytical solutions to for example TV & Media, Crowd Insights, Telia Finance, Connectivity or Networks.
Is this you?
To thrive in our team, you need to master technology and be a team player. You want to constantly learn and you're not afraid to challenge how things are done today. You enjoy coding and set high software engineering standards. You are also able to think long-term and design sustainable data pipeline architectures.
- Eager and capable of learning and applying new skills together with supporting others in the journey of self-development
- Strong problem solver
- Excellent collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong English communication skills
- Lots of data pipeline implementations and DW data modeling
- Implementation of one or more Enterprise Datawarehouse using AWS cloud or GCP.
- Hands-on experience in back-end software development with Scala, Python, Java or any other relevant language
- Strong knowledge in software architecture and design
- Supporting other data engineers and managing several cases at the same time
- Up to date in leading data engineering technologies and industry best practices
What will you find at our home?
We believe that people thrive in a purpose driven and values-oriented culture. Welcome to Telia the home to your next big opportunity. You will be part of an exciting journey to shape the New Generation Telco and we promise to help you grow, both professionally and personally. We believe in self-leadership where you take responsibility for expressing yourself and achieving great results. IT & telecommunications is not just our business, it’s our passion. You will join a winning team, to work with talented people and help create ideas and solutions for efficient business and better lives.
Working in this position you will receive a base salary from 3855 Eur (gross) to 5782 Eur (gross) plus annual bonuses which vary, depending on your competencies and your and Telia results. Besides for each employee Telia has additional employee benefits package which includes:
- Health insurance and pension plan;
- Various Telia and partners discounts and offers;
- Additional vacation days;
- Flexibility that enables work-life balance;
- Chance to grow both personally and professionally with our internal programs;
- Open, relaxed and fun working environment;
- 19 000 awesome colleagues across Nordic & Baltics.
New ways of working. We really care about people, so in response to the current situations in the country we will invite selected candidates to virtual interviews. We are also ready to fulfill all the necessary conditions to ensure successful work from home, including a technical gear delivery, onboarding process, trainings and more.
It’s more than just a job!
Regardless of the position you are looking for, we will give you the tools and support you need to grow both as a professional and as a person, with us. We can offer you your next big opportunity in a creative, motivating, and welcoming company where everyone can be themselves, with equal access to opportunities. We respect and value the diversity of people. In addition to an attractive and inclusive work environment, we also enable flexibility and offer a wide variety of employee benefits.
Interested?If you fancy joining my team, apply for the job! If you require any further information, feel free to connect with me at or LinkedIn.
In the last steps, the required controls will be performed.
Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch. Last application date is 2023-03-31.Welcome to Telia Company – Home to your next big opportunity!