Chief Software Engineer (Java) in Core Payments Tribe
Are you excited about making things work? Would you like to work with a team of experts striving to provide new solutions while maintaining existing ones?
Here in Core Payments Platform Tribe, we support the everyday banking needs of our customers by delivering a best-in-class payment system that orchestrates payments seamlessly in our target markets. In addition, we bring efficiency through standardization while making it our utmost priority to ensure the platform is highly performant, always compliant, secure & available.
We are looking for an additional team member for our Payment Execution squad where we are creating a new payment engine, employing modern technical standards to drive efficiency, transparency & consistency in processing payment instructions for people and corporate customers, with an improved time to market (TTM).
- Design and develop cloud-native systems which are at the heart of a major Nordic financial institution
- Leverage technical freedom, make and own decisions to encourage innovation and reliable deliveries
- Seek continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team, mentor and develop colleagues and team capabilities
- Work with Java, Kafka, gRPC, REST, NoSQL and classic databases, Kubernetes, other cloud-native products, and growing collaboration systems
- Closely collaborate with business users and different teams inside the bank
- Challenge the way we do things, bring in ideas, and implement them
- Be agile and spread this mindset among the team and in daily work.
- High proficiency in Java and tools supporting Java development
- Experience in design, development, and test automation of cloud-native systems
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility to guide deliveries in a structured manner
- Experience in establishing and improving engineering practices, developing team’s competencies
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka, MQ
- Knowledge of integration patterns and their implications
- Good communication skills and fluency in English
Nice to have
- gRPC, Elasticsearch, other NoSQL data stores
- design and optimization of relational or non-relational databases
- AWS or Google Cloud Platform
Mėnulio st. 7
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.