Senior Legal Counsel (Corporate and Investment)
kevin. is different. While everyone was talking about a payments revolution, we hit reset. We’re rebuilding financial transactions from scratch. So they’re faster, more efficient, and more secure for everyone. Our global team of experts has already made first-of-a-kind breakthroughs, creating account-to-account payments in-app and in-store. But we’re just getting started. We need driven people who see, show, and build different because it’s time to scale up. So, if you want a fast, fresh, and flexible place to grow, be bold. Join kevin.
As our new Senior Legal Counsel (Corporate and Investment), you will:
- Ensure day-to-day legal support and advice on corporate governance and investor relations matters.
- Coordinate Board, Supervisory Board and General Shareholders' meetings and prepare notices, agendas, resolutions, and minutes of them.
- Ensure that the company complies with laws and guidelines related to corporate law, as well as, all company's corporate documents and records are maintained and accurate.
- Support ongoing investment processes and due diligence as needed.
- Coordinate establishment in foreign jurisdictions and company's reorganisation, rearrangement, M&A projects with external law firms' assistance as needed.
- Establish and maintain internal legal processes and procedures.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years' of corporate law legal practice experience.
- Experience in financial sector would be an advantage.
- Proven experience working on corporate governance matters and broad legal knowledge of corporate law.
- Experience with an establishment in foreign jurisdictions and company's reorganisation, rearrangement, M&A projects would be a strong advantage.
- Being proactive in identifying organisational needs, a self-starter, with a desire to work in a fast-paced start up environment.
- Excellent organisational problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Fluent in English (both spoken & written).
- Master's degree in Law.
We only hire the very best talent from across Europe and beyond. It’s a competitive landscape so our salaries and benefits are equally competitive. Our comprehensive benchmarking means our renumeration for this role ranges from €4435 to €5434, based on your experience and competence, but if you’ve got something extra-special to bring to the table, let’s talk!
- Private Health Insurance.
- Flexible working schedule – just bring us the results on time.
- Freedom to create, innovate, and make impactful decisions with full ownership of your tasks and decisions.
- The latest Apple MacBook and accessories to help you deliver great results.
- Work with talented and committed team members who are the best in their field, from across Europe.
kevin.’s advanced A2A (account-to-account) payment infrastructure solution was created to swiftly change costly card payments to payments linked directly from customers’ bank accounts without using any third-party providers. kevin.’s technology scales to businesses of any size and across industries, including retail, parking, fashion, car-sharing, deliveries, insurance and many more. kevin. focuses on mobile and POS payments where customers predominantly pay using cards currently. Its payment infrastructure is based on open banking – regulated by the European PSD2 Directive – which requires all banks and financial institutions in the European Economic Area to open their API for licensed third-party providers. kevin. develops only own connections to the banks without using any third-party aggregators.
Currently, the Company supports more than 6,000 merchants in 15 markets, including Sweden, Finland, Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Baltics and Portugal, where the company has a coverage of more than 85% of bank customers. kevin. has a team of more than 300 employees in 20 countries and plans to expand its workforce to 1000 employees by 2024.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.